Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

No stopping.

I went through almost two months of withdrawl and in all that time I was never angry and never lashed out until someone was being attacked or ridiculed. It's so easy to find victims and spit out venom at them. Everyone here is susceptible to attacks and in a lot of cases are extremely vulnerable when in the midst of anxiety, paranoia or pain. I will cede that sometimes the attackers themselves are in the throes of the demon "Withdrawal" and can be somewhat excused for lashing out without thinking.
There is however, no excuse for those who are completely aware and strike at someone simply because it suits them at the time. Anger here in this forum should, and I say this from experience, be leveled at ourselves. We cannot blame others for our pain, simply because they are not the cause of it. We have a tendency to find fault with others in order to cover up our own inadequacies. Like it or not, that is a true fact. You cannot erase self guilt by pointing the finger at someone else. We are here to solve personal problems and that is what we should be doing. If you are hurting and need help to fight your way out of it, just ask, there are many here who would be only too happy to help, don't take it out on someone who is hurting as much as you are.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well said!!  Nice to meetcha by the way :) Take care, Lil.
Helpful - 0
Well said...and also you may be scaring away people that really need help. Like myself .
Helpful - 0
I didn't mean you but whomever is being mean
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.