Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Questions on Oxycontin addiction

I have a couple questions...

a. I'm doing a paper on alternative ways to battle oxy addiction, whether it be herbal remedies or things other things that helped such as accupuncture, if anyone has any help on anything they have been told or things that helped them or anything I would greatly appreciate it.

b. My boyfriend is in the process of detoxing right now and hes been clean for a week and a half and I care about him tons but lately it seems so hard because of his mood swings and he keeps thinking hes not good enough and I guess I'm wondering things that would make things easier on him. I'm trying but I've never been in this position or had an addiction myself so I need some help.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
depression comes after quitting drugs before we are self medicating.
Helpful - 0
I saw a site for a holistic detoxification.  Looked pretty interesting.  
I can't tell you any more about that though.  I'm kinda in your same position.  My b/f just got off oxys.  Unless he slipped it's day 7.  He's feeling depressed and unworthy like you say your b/f is.  I haven't seen him in a couple of days & I'm worried about him.
It sucks.  If you figure out anything to help your b/f let me know, I too am up for suggestions.
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Look up PAWS post acute withdrawal syndrome.It is very informative.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.