Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
192332 tn?1189755828

to addicted toloritab

Hi!I just read your post.yea the seroquel thing is something else.Eat.Eat Eat.i would eat so much i would puke!Hope all is well with you.3* weeks today.I feel alot better but something is wrong.PAWS.I cant shake the anxiety and depression.gotta talk to my doc.get an antidepressant.been f.cked up along time.I want so bad to go back to work but my surgeon wont let me for 2 to 6 months.You take care and Be Happy.God Bless
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
186166 tn?1385259382
PLEASE go to your doctor...why keep putting it off?  depression is a nasty thing...it can grab a hold of you and not let go.  if not for my zoloft, i think i might have slit my wrists by now.  i'm sure you know that depression can also cause physical symptoms.  most antidepressants take a few weeks before they are in full effect, so get started now...take care of yourself.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
I agree 100% with Lizzie, you just went through a horrible time.  Please go to the doctor, your wife needs you now more than ever and the depression is going to get worst.. Please get to the doctor.  My girlfriend is on zoloft and she just loves it and it helps her anxiety almost totally go away.  She just lost her father a few months back,  so she needs all the help she can get as well as you do.  Please take care of yourself, I worry about you, Huggs Georgia
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
i am glad you are headed in the right direction...hope you find quick success and not have to try many...i was lucky that my zoloft worked and we didn't have to "shop around".

one of my sons suffers from depression really bad with anxiety being at the forefront.  his doctor has tried him on different meds...prozac, effexor, wellbutrin...and finally cymbalta.  cymbalta has been a life saver...it works great "for him" and works better for the anxiety than anything he has taken.

don't be scared by what you have read on the other forum...a qualified doctor knows how to taper you off...this is one thing you can't c/t from.  i think though that you are going to feel so much better...soon...that you will not ever want to come off of it (hehe)...i didn't know just how bad i was until i started feeling better.

OMG...talk about depressing...my trip with my son to UAB!  no bad news...just so, so sad...a big dose of reality...it was so hard not to just loose it on the way home but i put on that "happy mommie face" for his benefit...but as soon as i dropped him off, the flood gates opened.

something you can do in the meantime...if you have time...is walking.  every doctor we have ever seen has told us that it is wonderful for depression...fresh air...getting those juices flowing...and time to think and reflect...

please keep me up on how things are going...you have made it this far and i am going to do it too.

kim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.