Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

addicted to hydros please give me some advice, please!

i found this site by just browsing around under addiction help. i have been reading alot of posts and some are good some are childish and i am wondering is this a decent place to go for help? i hope so because i need some advice...i have been taking norcos for a long time now and i didnt realize how important they were to me until i ran out yesterday...and i actually bought some off a friend. that is so unlike me! i feel ashamed and i feel like a junkie you see on tv. but i live in a nice home have a great family and i bought pills today, like a common criminal. i need to quit. i know i do..but i don't know how to...cold turkey? just wean off? any advice would be appreciated. serious advice, please from serious people. from what i have been reading it seems like high school lunch period in here and i'm too damned old for that ****.
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There is alot of good advice on here.  Some have gone cold turkey, some taper.  There will be more people on in the later hours of the morning, and they will respond.  Hang in there and someone will be able to help.  Check back.
Helpful - 0
Tapering takes a lot of willpower but it can ease the w/d's.  How many do you take per day?  If it isn't much to begin with, you might want to just go c/t and get it over with.  A lot of times with tapering, you will still have w/d symptoms throughout but cold turkey gets it over with.  Most importantly, you have to want to stop more than anything else.
Good luck!!
ps..I am on day 6 c/t oxys and hydro
Helpful - 0
Hi, I read your post and figured this would be a good place to start for me. This is my first post on this site by tehe way. I am in the same boat you are, but I have already started to process of beating this habit.
I also have a norco problem. I had shoulder surgery/colar bone surgery last year stemming from a baseball injury. I took the norco for months as directed, for pain. But at the beginning of the year I began to abuse it. I was up to 12 a day, which is definetly not a good thing. I still have pain as the injury I suffered was pretty severe, but I definetly think I can ive without the Norco.

So this is what I did. Last Tuesday, I refilled my last prescription. I called my doctor, tod him I no longer needed medication, and to NOT allow me to get a refill unless I physically came in to see him because my pain was just unbearable. Which I knew it would not be. But allowing me to just call and get a refill is just TO EASY. Next, I confided in my best friend, and she has been there for me everyday so far. I took my last pill on Sunday and started withdrawals on Monday. This is day three, and I will not lie, it is hell. Diahrea, sweating, nausia, insomnia, constant craving, ugh it's hell. I still need help, which is why I am here as well. So basically I went cold turkey. I will beat this, as I have the rest of my life to enjoy. I hope you can beat it as well. I know I am not alone after scanning this site, and I think you know you are not as well.
I put a note in my wallet that says "I wanna play sports drug free this summer" and I look at it everytime I try and talk mysef into getting more pills. I know this may sound corny, but it works, it keeps me focused.

So that is basically my story. I don't think anyone can sugarcoat this and say it will be easy.

My question to anyone out there. What day do the worst of these withdrawal symptoms pretty much go away? I know it is different with how long you take it. I'd say I have been 8-12 pills a day for about 2 months, and 6 a day 7 months before that. 5/325

Thanks,
Tom
Helpful - 0
you are a junkie if you need them drugs don't care if you live in a nice house. or have a life. anyone can get hooked I knew a  junkie who sold life insurance that was rich anyways you know what you got to do,.try taper if you have will power you'll get sick but not as bad I did  it off codiene get one day clean no pot either ,   you can do it just because they are prescription drugs they are like junk same addition factor just no posioning from bad drug dealers.
Helpful - 0
why take the chance you'd lose alot of money its not legal to get opiiate without a precrition so if you do get ripped off there os nothing you can do not to mention super expensive if I had to buy codiene I'd be paying 100% more. maybe a doctor will help you ho did you get thenm in the first place.  I would never order on line I have thought about it believe me but don't want to take a chance . there is something fishy about those online pharmancy pretty sick avertising drugs then detox right on the same page ,people profiting off others misery no better then a street deaLER AS FAR AS i'M CONCERNED SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR SOMETHING NICE FRI=OR YOURSELF YOU DO0N'T NEED THE DOPE PLEASE DON' ORDER ON LINE. GET BETTER LIFE IS BETTER WITHOUT OPIATES
Helpful - 0
PLUS THEY CHARGE FOR CONCELLTATION ABOUT 80 BUCKS WHAT A RIP IOFF BEING DOPE DEPENDENT IS LIKE BEING GIVEN A MIILION BUCIK AND ONLY TAKING A HUNDRED. TALK TO YOUR DOC SPECIALLY IF THEY PRSCRIBED IT THEY SHOULD HELP YOU CLONODINE REALLY HELPS LOWERS THE BLOOD PRESSURE CAUSE IT GET HIGHER WHEN YOU QUIT REALLY HELPED ME GET OFF A THREE YEAR JUNK HABIT GO FOR IT YOU NEED SOME HELP MY FRIEND DON'T BE SCARED OF SOBRIETY BE SCARED OF HYDRO BAD SHIAT.
Helpful - 0
I have been perscribed them by different doctors for different reasons, but the gig is up.... I have run out of excusses. Should I tell my doctor that I am addicted and see what help he can offer? I feel like such a loser!!!
Helpful - 0
YOU ARE NOT A LOSER i HATE THE WORD LOSER.nOW   jAMIE LEE CURTIS WAS ADDICTED TO HYDRO AND SHE IS NO LOSER.  Ir happens to anyone ask the doctor say you were in painand you're not anymore and you got yourself a habit .  maybe they'll wean you maybe not but a clonodine pill would be nice along with some sleeping pills  find the thomas recipe on the forum it s a good one for withdrawl and you just got to take the bull by the horns.  It only get worse if you don't quit.  be honest people appreciate that and specially be honest with yourself and your alreaDY DOING THAT.  LIFE IS WAITING AND SUMMER IS ON OTS WAY  GET CLEAN OR LIVE A SLOW DEATH EVERYDAY'  THOSE PILLS ARE DEATH PILLS
Helpful - 0
I need to talk to someone who is going through this. It is hard for me to admit this, but I think I have a problem. I have been taking Norco 7.5/325 for almost a year. It started as not an everyday thing and I would be one them for a few weeks and then off for a few. Now I take them everyday, sometimes up to 15. I just ran out with no way to get more. I was searching online for what is going to happen to my body now that I have no more pills and ran across this site. Thank the lord!!!  No one knows of my addiction, so I don't know who to turn to. Should I call a doctor and ask to help me wean off and perscribe something for the symptoms about to come...Please help!!
Helpful - 0
don't order any on line there was someone posioned from ordering on line.  I tapered and its not that bad.  how you think has a lot to do with it you'll be ok I can tell judst by the way your talking fear is healthy it keeps us safe.. try tapering or just quit your not alone anymore this is rampant inour society life can be hard but its harder when you got to worry where your next fix is comming from.  when you decide to quit it gets haeder to enjoy the high its a process and your on your way good luck you'll do it if you really want to.
Helpful - 0
I see there are tons of sites online to order hydrocodone. Some sites offer a doctors consultation and perscription from a "approved" pharmacy. Are those not o.k.?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.