Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Well today is day 5 c/t from the morphine, and I still feel awful

I just wanted to report in.  It's day 5 for me and I am miserable.  Still diahreah, fever and chills, can't sleep...  And even though I was recently accused of being many people by Jenny07, I am only one, but maybe the w/d's wouldn't be as bad if I could divide them up between multiple personalities! lol
   I think I remember ScottQuit telling me he went c/t from morphine too.  Scott, when did you start to feel better?  I want to start seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, and I just want to feel human again!
Thank you, Sick
15 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You WILL feel better..its just doing things for yourself to help yoiu feel better

Your body has been thru alot with taking pills, and chances are you didnt look after your body that well, well we are in teh same boat there...I have been hell on my body...and hell even trying to get clean...so its now havign to adjust to all the changest hat are happening, and not getting its daily or hourly dose of pills....its a HUGE change...but journal about your progress and stuff, your feelings all of that helps...

Happy thoughtts....Dont tell yourself yucky things, if you have to lie..to you about something postive..then lie..but keep telling yourself good htings..chnage those tapes...and hang in there...
Helpful - 0
i'm very proud of you!!!!!1 5 days is awesome and ALOT of hard work too. i am 5 days off of hydrocodone. i was taking a small dose of suboxone the first 4 days. no more than 6 mgs a day. anyways today is my 1st day w/ out the suboxone too. it will be 24hrs at 3pm since my last dose and i'm feeling good. I KNOW I WILL MAKE IT THIS TIME!!!!!! and i knw you will too. i'm here for you all the way!!
Helpful - 0
And I am proud of you!  Yes, you will make it, even without a substitute, and I know I will make it too.  Thank you for your support!  We'll support each other, if I live that long...  lol
Oxybliss told me to concentrate on the positive, which is very hard to do when I feel this bad, but I took her advice.  I took a long shower.  Would you believe I hadn't showered in 5 days?  Gross, I know.  But I just didn't have the energy.  Going to the bathroom back and forth has zapped me.
Keep up the good work htp.
I am so proud of you, Sick
Helpful - 0
listen to oxybliss, i've known for a long time and she knows what she's talking about. hell, she's on day 16, how amazing!!!! and YES i can believe you havent showered in 5 days, been there, LOL. sometimes it takes ALL our energy going to the bathroom all day long......
Helpful - 0
I can believe it too...Im on day 2.....lol it happens....and man we can really get used to telling ourselves stuff to no incourage us to do what we need to do....alot of us live in Isolation..I know I do.....and its really hard to join the land of the living..but its something that needs to get done...

Doing all those little things for yourself...it all adds up...not right away..and not over night..but it does...sooner or later...you will get there..and it will be hard and whatever...BUT ITS POSSIBLE...
Its hard to stay postive I know that...gosh sometimes Im biting my lip more than saying whats on my mind..but there is a time and place for everythign and part of me putting the drugs down....is to be good to myself...and that I will be.......even if I dont bleieve it...

lol

because I dont sometimes....

Love ya...
Htp....Great to see you here............Love ya....
Helpful - 0
P.S day two meaning...I havent showered...
lol before its read into something else lol
Helpful - 0
Congradulations on day 5!!

I personally dont take morphine, however...it could be weeks until you feel a little bit...it gets better day by day.....

Im on day 16 mind you I have a wikked cold right now.......so amybe this doesnt count

Either way..Your going to feel shitty..and tired, and have the shits for Lord knows how long.."I live with that...so it doesnt change for me....

There are things like eating, exersice, vitimains and teas that can be of assistance...to you but not make you feel one hundred percent better...but it helps your body adjust....
Helpful - 0
Day 16 for you!  Oh, I want to be like you.  I don't know if I'm going to live to day 16.  But I'm not giving up the fight.  I would just like to feel a tiny bit better and I don't.
Sorry you have a cold.  This is the worst time of the year to get one.
Feel better soon, Sick
Helpful - 0
I know what you mean...
Helpful - 0
That's awful that you feel so bad on day 5.  I am on day 6 and although I have some lingering anxiety and depression (mild) I feel actually, pretty good.  Still have a hard time sleeping and eating but I can't really complain.
I also don't know that much about morphine, it was never my DOC so you will probably be better served getting advice about morphine w/d and detox from someone else.
Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the support.  I'm miserable but I know it'll get better.  I'm not going to cave in though.  And you're doing good too!
Good luck to you and thanks for posting, Sick
Helpful - 0
I am on day 1 and feel horrible....Just after one day...It sucks...But, reading your comments on the top made me laugh and forget for a few minutes are so...I am having hard time writing this in pain...w/d's and such...But, just wanted to say your humor made me laugh...
Helpful - 0
I'm glad we can laugh because the w/ds sure aren't any fun.  But I know I'll get through it and you will too.  I think we just have to be persistent and not give up.  (And I really do think it would be a lot easier if I had all those "people" to share the "fun" with, especially the diahreah!)lol
Good luck to you, Sick
Helpful - 0
I have felt like I've been on a roller coaster today...One minute ok and then not ok...It's a bumpy ride...I am just on day 1 and ready to face it...All I can do is  wait...I need to quit and now is the time...
Helpful - 0
Go for it!  We'll help you!  And reach out to me, if you need to.  We'll "commiserate" together.
Don't give up, Sick
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.