Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Hey Y"all

I am hanging in there.. having some pain so I am not really paying attention to whether or not I am having tapering symptoms.. between my back acting up and some weird knots in my forearm that I can only assume are work related.. I feel like I am falling apart at my young age.. I am doing the hunt and peck typing since the arm thing is all the way down my wrist and hand.

I hope everyone else is doing better than i am tonight.. I will be here reading for awhile is anyone needs an ear to listen..

Stephanie
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you ever see this post (way down that it is) I just want you to know that I'm sending my most positive energy your way and hope you feel better very soon. You have really had so many obstacles on your taper journey and not once have you wavered. You are so strong, and in a little while it will be all over for you and you can walk happy and free down the aisle :-)

Hang in there
Minnie

Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I didn't know you were in that kind of pain. Is there anything your dr. can do?? I am blessed with having very little physical pain. I am concerned about my arm where they took the bone out. The titanium rod is covered with very little thin skin and it feels different when I touch it. Kind of like chicken skin. It's right up on the top of the shoulder (if I had one)  I'm trying to stay positive and not worry but that's not easy and I'm sure you you know that.
Please take care and I'm sending cheery thoughts....Hugs...LS
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
yeah I am an accident waiting to happen... always have been.. its genetic.. I think when i am stressed my muscles go hay wire and try to kill me...  motrin is holding me together.. I am just taking more than I wish i had too.. I am gonna try icing my wrist tonight before bed. if its still bad i will see a doc later this week.. it kinda freaked my roommate out..
Helpful - 0
Hey I hope you start feeling better soon.  Have you ever tried acupuncture for your pain?  I've got this cool book that shows the trigger points for acupuncture for all different types of pain.  I'm no acupuncturist... but I try to imagine pressure at those points when I'm in pain and it kinda helps.  mind over matter I guess.  It also has good stretches for each type of pain.  If you ever want, I'd be happy to try to share the info with you.  Kinda hard to put into words though since most of what I get out of the book is diagrams.
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I have a herniated disc, a slight curve in my spine, sciaticia and a disc in my neck that has no space between that one and the one below it... I have flare ups.. stress of planning a wedding doesn't help.. I see a chiropractor weekly a massage therapist bi weekly... I currently have no insurance... I found out all my back stuff back when I did have it.. I will have a new policy in a few months though so I am gonna get a new MRI then... I am ok.. just a little sore and stiff.. this wrist thing I hope is just a bad case of tendonitis... we'll see how it feels after i ice it..

thanks for asking and caring..
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
dang girl...we're going to have to either put you in a padded body suit or a nursing home.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.