Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Sick-to-death/lee-lee71

Yes I am all man and yes Liz Lou would no that too......

My comment was not directed towards gendure with my comment of thin skin. My post was meant to say that don't be offended by another persons comment here.
Talk it out, communicate back and fourth a little and try to work it out.
I have made some pretty blunt comments in my time here, some have disagreed with me, one even tried to seperate the forum and then said I had a crew that defended me here. None of that matters the most important thing to this site is recovery and how to achieve that goal. If your goal is anything else your an addict who has no intentions on stopping to use period.
Women or a man not using is a very tough choice and even tougher to carry out.
Some will lie to themselves and taper for months even years.
Some will say I have to much physical pain to stop.
Some will say I lost family members.
Some will say pills give me energy to work and take care of my husband and the kids, I turn into supermom.
Some will say I have financial problems..whatever the reason...

Using to any of these problems is like putting perfume on a pig to make him smell better......

Millions of people go through worse tramatic situations every day and don't need to use.

Do you really want to know what using does? Stop using and you will find out quick!

5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I may have to consider that because I don't know if I can do this on my own.  Thank you for your suggestions, Sick
Helpful - 0
Some of the more potent opiates like morphine, fentanyl, didaudid which were my drug of choice after percs and vics no longer worked anymore are very difficult to get off and take longer in detox........
I suffered like you can't believe trying to do it on my own until I finally went into a detox for help.......
Helpful - 0
I totally understand what you're saying.  And by this way this is my 6th day off that dreadful morphine and I might feel the tiniest bit better but not much.  I never knew it would be this hard, and I never knew I would get this sick.  But I'm trying and that's all I can do.
Peace, Sick
Helpful - 0
You know about 20 miles north of Detroit...lol

I'll turn on my messenger if you want to chat for a few..........
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
beach...where are you?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.