Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

fiance' on oxys

Good Morning everyone.  I posted last weekend and really appreciated all of the advice and responses.  **recap**  My fiance' is snorting oxys, roxys and percs...... Anyway, he packed and left last week on Friday.  I have found out that he went tback to his hometown (6 hours away).  I think that he went there because I have told a few of his "clean" friends and they agreed to not lend him any more money.  I have also talked to his family members.  Everyone was aware that he was doing the pilss, but no one knew the extent of the problem.  He has called me twice, both time yelling about "how could you tell people that..."  still denying, even to me, that it is what it is.  I think he went back to his hometown because I killed his $$ resourses here.  When he calls, I answer but as soon as he starts yelling, I tell him that I am done fighting & begging him and hang up.  I feel so cruel.  Is this what I should be doing?  I feel horrible, I am worried and he doesn't give me the opportunity to tell him that I will be here if he wants help.  He is VERY angry and says that I am getting in his business and that he can't live with watching his every move.  I feel like a sneak because I do keep him under radar but not because I want to.  I am just so worried and want to help him.  I also want to be "aware" so that I am prepared for the situations that he constantly puts us in.  Please tell me if I am handling this right.  I feel like he hates and resents me and that is tearing me up.  I also feel like I have pushed him away and now there is no one that truly cares enough to make sure he is safe.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think what you're doing is called "tough love" and sometimes that's what an addict needs.  If he can get through it, he will thank you whole heartedly one day.  And aren't you keeping tabs on him, so there is someone to watch over him.  I gave up oxys over 30 days ago but it was my decision.  If someone had known about my problem and tried to get me to quit, I probably would've quit earlier.  But addicts are sneaky as was I, so I went years before I decided to get my life back together.  Hang in there dear.  Don't fight with him, try to be supportive, and just know those angry words coming from him are because of the drugs.
I wish you and him the best of luck,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Yoda, thanks for your response.  I honestly believe that deep down he knows that I am doing it out of concern, but he also knows that I make it impossible for him to peacefully continue.  I guess that is why he left the area.  His brother told me that he does not plan on coming back to this state.  I am having a tough time accepting that and almost wish that I kept my mouth shut.  I worry that he will need emergency medical help and no one will be there to know.  He keeps telling anyone who tries to talk to him that I am crazy, and that I am lying.  It is so frustrating.  The last thing I want to have to tell someone is something bad about the man I was planning to spent the rest of my life with.  And, for the most part, his friends seem to believe him.  They say "well, if he is only doing a pill here and there, so what"  That is NOT the way it is...... He becomes violent when he mixes the pills and alcohol.  He is 43 and In the last year he he has, put of the blue, just snapped and beat up his firends in at least 8 different incidents.  He is either going to seriously hurt someone or is going to get seriously hurt his self.  He becomes like a freight train and there is no stopping him.  He can be there talking one second and the next, pulling his friend off a chair and pounding on him.  Is this typical of the pills/alcohol or is this another whole issue????
Helpful - 0
It sounds like your boyfriend is dealing with multiple issues and may need professional help.    My 19 year old son was like that.  It took him getting busted and spending a few months in the slammer and then being on probation for more months to wake him up.  Not only did he have a weed problem, he drank, and he had anger issues.  I don't think you can handle this by yourself; it sounds like too much.  Is there anyone you can find to help you?  If not, you may just have to let it go.  Don't make yourself sick over it.
And stick with this forum.  There are many helpful people here.
Peace,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
His mother is being 100% supportive and realizes the extent of the problem.  Other than that, my friends are just plain tired of his bull.  The only good thing is that he is presently fighting a visitation battle with his ex over his 7 yr old son.  Last month in court, the judge told the attorneys in mediation that he is recommending a psychological evaluation and anger management.  The order has not been formally placed yet but he has court again in May and it looks like it will be then.  He flipped out at the suggestion, but I hope that they refuse visitation until he completes both.  
Helpful - 0
Well that might be just what it takes then.  Hang in there honey.  I'm getting ready to head out but I'll be back this afternoon.  I'm going to make a "check-in" post and then I'm off to school.
Remember, hang in there,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.