Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

2 months removed from withdrawal from methadone

I'd like to encourage those of you wishing to rid methadone from your life..

I was a long time chronic pain customer and ate the little bad boys like tic tacs..

Eventually, the meds become worse then the pain. That feeling of what time is it - is it time for more, how many tabs do I have, if I run out can I find more, etc..

I tapered, went C/T.. ate lorazapan for 4 days through the worse of the withdrawal and then nutrients, eating well, exercise..

2 months later, my head is still fuzzy if I'm not engaged in some type of mental or physical exercise. Everything is worse when I'm sitting around , doing nothing..

My doc says 3 months should see a turning point . I hope so.  anyone else have that long term fuzzy feeling in the brain. I know its receptors, etc.. but how long..

Good luck to all..  I understand some types of pain are too much and meds are needed..  For those who are being controlled by methadone, once you really make your mind up, you can do it..

Reading and talking on these boards are very helpful in getting your feelings out and passing the time when you can't sleep..

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thanks for the positive response and yes you are right.. I will not be fooled again by the diabolic methadone....

I have struggled with the pain syndrome and the lack of direction from the medical field..  cycle of visits, physical therapy, drugs, and over and over..

I have read everything I can on nutrition, mind control , back pain, etc..  

Ive had great success with the Chi Gun ( Taoist breathing techniques and releasing energy gates from your body)  books and videos , eating well, losing weight and exercising..

A fellow poster referenced a book " Healing Back Pain"  the mind-body connection which I'm currently reading and as fate would have it, this education is revealing a real cause of my classified "chronic pain"  when in fact its being controlled by my subconcious.. hmm

A good read and very enlightening to all back pain sufferers...

Helpful - 0
Thanks for your post. You've done a great job. There's something in your "voice" that makes me think this person's going to make it. Maybe I'm just crazy. Perhaps that you have been willing to suffer a bit and go through hard times to get to where you are; and recognize that it may be a while longer before you feel completely "well". plus you seem to understand the nuerological part of what you're going through, and the role that exercise and nutrition play in healing. good for you. Anything specificin these areas that helps a lot?
--Athena
Helpful - 0
I know from experience that I went 2 months c/t from liquid methadone, 90 mgs a day. After that, i went to an inpatient program with intense therapy, and that helped alot! i was able to go back to work after being there for 2 weeks. I had just as much energy as I had on the meth. I think if you were attending groups like n.a., that would help you with the depression. cause thats what youre feeling. but 2 months your are already done w/ the worst part.  good luck!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.