Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Eating like a pig :(

Hey,

I can't be the only one like stuffing my face since I stopped the percs :( B4 when I would crave opiates I had to have sweets. It's not so much sweets, so it is not a perc craving. It's pretty much anything I can get my hands on.  Ugh!!! I take stackers when I am at work and they work like a charm..rev me up and make me not hungry. But any other time, I just want to eat and I know darn well I am not even hungry. I have always had a slight obsession (in the back recesses of my mind) with my weight and body image. I guess most women do to some extent. Right now I am a size 8 to 10 and can't afford to go over. I am really getting anxious about this stuff. I do plan to get back to the gym next week so maybe that will correct itself. But for now it is like I am seeking solace in food. I have started drinking pepsi and I have not drank soda in like 7 years. I know a lot of people gain weight when they quit drugs or smoking, but I am not trying to be one of them.
I would always drop like ten pounds if I c/t detoxed. I am so sick I actually enjoyed that part of the detox and would tell myself that as I was detoxing. But now it is the opposite...I keep eating and eating. It's been nagging at me in my mind and it is starting to "be something". ugh.....So many issues so little time. By the time I address all my little issues I will be dead. I did try to get ephedra online and now that I am off the percs am entertaining the thought of getting some adderall or some other methamphetamine to keep my weight down (just telling on myself here). This has potential to get out of control, this little body image obsession.....anyone else worried about weight gain? Anybody know what to do about it or have any tricks that will help prevent it? Has anyone gained weight off the suboxone (Oh dear God tell me "no"!!!!!)
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Darlin, pardon my frankness, but you gotta stop reachin for a pill to solve your problems. I'm a "REACHER" too, so I can recognize one when I see one. Our solutions are not going to come in the form of any pill--whether it be a supplement, vitamin, OTC, RX, All-natural....Stopping the Perc habit is just the tip of the iceberg. Trust me.
God Luck; so sorry if I was harsh.

Best,

--Athena
Helpful - 0
"So many issues, so little time..." (lol) that was hilarious. i feel the same. Three things:

1) Good job "Tellin' On Yourself" regarding the thoughts of getting some Adderall and SUdafed. Heck, Benadryl has sparked up my addiction dormancy before! Please don't do it--both are gateway substances that'll lead you right back to where you started. NOT WORTH IT!

2) You CAN afford to gain some weight. This is your LIFE you're talking about. EAT ON! If you find yourself trying to struggle into a SIze 16 when you have several months of clean time under your belt, you can jump into Overeaters Anonymous (OA) w/both feet. Most of us are "cross-addicted" as they say, to something.

3) I too have sick thoughts about the weight thing--thanks for being so candid about secretly enjoying the weight loss involved in pain med abuse and w/d--i can relate, as am sure many women on this site can. it's embarassing, but true!

Thanks for letting me know i'm not alone, and reminding me how easily such thoughts have the potential to eventually lead me to a worse relapse.

I know struggles w/weight & food lie ahead for me, so I'll need to re-read this post in a month or so to remind myself of my own darn suggestions!

One last thing-- what are stackers????

--Blessings,
--Athena
Helpful - 0
Be careful with the ephedra and stuff.  I can't use anything like that because of my high blood pressure.  I think your overeating will taper off.  Just be aware of what goes into the mouth.  I've dieted all my life.
Good luck - Sick
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
since I started tapering I am eating alot as well.. and hungry all the time.. fills like a big empty space in my tummy.. vics and percs suppressed my apetite. now I am starving all the time.. luckily I am small so doesn't matter normally.. but i bought a dress for my wedding and its gotta fit in 6 weeks so I am trying to not go overboard...the other night I ate 2 king size candy bars in like 3 minutes...
Helpful - 0
Stackers are an over the counter diet pill that have natural stuff in them to control your appetite and get your metabolism going, like yerba mate (appetite suppressant), and all kinds of caffeine. Stacker, Stacker 2 and Stacker 3's. You can get them anywhere. I also have in my medicine cabinet Zantrec, Hoodia, Dexatrim, Green Tea pills, Taboodia, Lipo-6,Xenadrine FX, HydroxyCut, and Phentermine(got that online). Do I sound desparate or what?
I know this is my life and obviously my weight is much less important than tossing handfuls of percocets down my throat every three hours. Actually, I gained weight on the percs b/c opiates slow down your whole system, including metabolism. (that's what I have read, anyway).
I don't need to have a knock-out figure, I just want to put on jeans and not worry or even have a second thought about it. I am not comfortable over a 10. I think when I get back into the gym mode I will start to feel better in a whole lotta ways.
I did check out the weight loss forum and they are talking about Vitamin B shots like we talk about suboxone and methadone...haha! I am 35 and I look at these 18 year olds and think of the good old days when I didn't even know what a belly was! Hah...good to hear that you guys are thinking these same thoughts! I find it curious that if a guy has a little beer gut or a few extra pounds it does not bother me, but I can't practice that same acceptance in myself. Or that  men are not as interested in women when they do not look like they are on the cover of Playboy. I blame Hollywood for the image thing. They have stuff like botox and surgery to achieve what is unachievable for us and set standards that are unattainable. Oh well.
Helpful - 0
no you are not alone. That is all I do. I think it may be to keep our mind off of things but I've gained 4 lbs. in less than 3 weeks
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.