Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

how long on suboxone and rotten relationships

Hi there everyone, I just posted and nothing came up Ill try again...the pain I felt yesterday seem to have vanished, probally my addiction wanting more oxy's.  I'm sleeping all the time the Dr. gave me 8N and 1/2 of that(4N) kicks my but, plus klonopin 1mg for anxiety but not using them except for as needed.  How long does this stuff work till you can come off of it soboxone?  Tomorrow I'm going to cut down to 1/4 and see how I do can't stand the zombie feeling from the suboxone but it sure beats the hell out of the dt's! I got hooked on the  oxys from a car accident a year ago had some pain from the injuries but, i had way more pain from a rotten relationship! He was undergoing cronic back problems and 2 sergerys (sorry for spelling).  Anyway we were engaged then not then he moved in then he moved out on new years day then no contact for 6+ weeks then last week he swooped back into my life full of I Love U's and we can make this work (very intense for 48hrs-you know) followed by now he has feeling for a girl who became his "friend while we were on the "outs" and hes gone again.  The reason for the ranting and raving is that I took the oxys to "deal "with a crazy realionship that I should'd have been in and they dulled the pain.  Now I look at him the same way I look at the oxy pills as poison!  It will only be a matter of time before he returns full of remorse and this time NO GO.  I have to love me first and this person an't worth it.  Maybe some ladys and some guys too can identify with the link between bad relationships and drugs.  God knows pain is pain and as addicts we need to avoid PAIN at all costs  even when we THINK WE CAN HANDLE JUST A LITTLE we can't! Thanks to all of you who are fighting the good fight and many blessings
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Do not! I repeat do not quit the opinions cold turkey or any benzos u can basically have a seizure and die! Tell your doc and taper down so your body isn't shocked benzodiazepines withdrawal is way worse then opiate withdrawal in my opinion.
Helpful - 0
Getting the pills out of your life was the first step in putting yourself first.  Now you have to get him out of your life and that will be the second step.  i strongly suggest never letting him back again.  It will not get better and he will not change.  i know that somewhere inside of you you already know this.  So now make sure that you do nice things for yourself.  Hot baths, walking, anything you enjoy and leave that loser and the pills behind you for good.  I wish you the best of luck in these endeavours.
Peete
Helpful - 0
Well, I ended up MARRYING the Not-So-Great Man in my life, and I know now it was so I could "keep the bar low" in my life--you, lower the standards so that I could use like a fiend and "justify" bad behavior. Funny thing is, I just got worse, and he matured into this wonderful man who is now sick to death to have a drug addict wife. Now who's laughin?

Bummer, huh?

Maybe this will give you insight into your "need" for the bad guy--maybe not. In any case, that's my story about the link between bad relationships and addiction in my life!

Good luck; I'll be thinking about you.

All the Best to You S.L.

--Athena

Helpful - 0
drop him like a bad habit
Helpful - 0
Ugh...I had a man like that before...I stayed with him far too long (partly b/c we used together). It sounds like you know whats up and now just have to have the resolve to turn him away next time he comes around. Be strong...your instincts are there for a reason.
Is klonopin a benzo? I don't think you are supposed to take that with suboxone. Maybe that is contributing to your being tired.  I would definately try to cut down if you don't need all that. The less you use the easier it will be to taper and stop taking it.
I can definately relate to the bad relationship thing and using drugs to mask the pain b/c it seemed easier than making the difficult and scary decision to be by myself. The worst was when he would pull something like your ex does. Then I had to get my hands on something to not think about and feel the hurt I was experiencing. I relapsed that way quite a few times. I had put a few years together (although I had almost relapsed several times during my clean time due to this relationship) and relapsed pretty hard for three months. I went right back to what I had just crawled and climbed myself out of soooo fast. That was the last time. I decided for good to never take him back and resolved to never let myself be treated like that ever again to where I self destructed over someone else. I was fortunate to fall out of love with him b/c of the way he treated me, even though the dependancy issue was still there and it helped.
I really am here with you on this and I hope you find the strength to kick his ass to the curb. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

leelee
Helpful - 0
To is the end of day 4 and no oxy's amazing stuff this suboxone...I'm feeling like I'm comming out of a long sleep and wow I can't wait to start living again.  Today I hung aroung the house still not enough energy to start cleaning (ugh!) but maybe tomorrow, my son is with his dad for Easter so I hope to put my new found time to good use. My son and I did easter egg coloring, fun stuff.  The kolonpin is to help with the anxiety but I have just taken them out of habit tomorrow no more of that, I can see trouble on the horizon with those to...Thanks for all your support and I look forward to getting here and typing when I'm feeling alone...missing the creepy guy in my life, there I said it doesnt mean I have to act on it (smile).  He's texting me looking for a loop hole to get his foot in the door...let his new "special friend" deal with his junk i resign from that post perminatlly,He's been 3x's in and out of the "flight deck" (mental ward) since June 06, 3 back surgerys, an problematic disfunctional family with 5 kids and 2 ex wives,hes lost his business and no source of income...waiting on S.S. disibility(declined twice) no way to pay his rent on and on and on....As I write this I"m amazed that I ever loved this blood sucking leach!  Not to mention the 60in tv he took from my home, furniture from the livingroom,(given in lou of paying me rent) and selling the rolex watch that I paid to get out of hock $2400.00 that he turned around and sold again!  Even for me enough is enough!  Good luck to the new girlfriend I hope she has deep pockets. I always laughed at women that got taken for a RIDE by smooth talking men and now I'm one of them...Could have been worse I could have married him and then in my state he'd have half of what I own. I own a house and some other things of value, imagine that!  I'm 45 and have been told I look much younger(not by him,smile) and I take good care of my self(I was a Playboy Bunny back in the day) Just for today I'll keep getting better and the right one is out there for me I'm sure.  The best part about writing all this down is like a carathis(sorry spelling) you know a cleansing and I feel better that that chapter is closed in my life, closed and done for good!  In closing if anyone knows how fast you can come off this suboxone I'd like to hear from you as I don't want to stay on it any longer than I have to, even at 1/2 of8N makes me VERY woosie and tired but I don't want to make myself sick like detox.  The Dr. said that the day after I started to take it I was off the oxycontin (detoxied) then why continue to take the suboxone for so long afterward? I really dont want to substitute on drug for another and I know all to well the Drs want to keep you comming back for more and more and more!  Like alwaus I appricate any and all help and comments, secretlady00
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
secretlady00,
I agree the pills make a crappy realationship not quite so bad ....The funny part is we prefer to stay in the bad realationship and try to mask it with drugs instead of getting out of it and being happy ....sometimes happy is harder then pain...I think however when the fog gets lifted from the pills and we figure out we deserve alittle  happiness that we will get rid of the bad relationship. Have a good night stay strong ,
Avis
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.