Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?

Does anyone else here get so worked up at family gatherings that you get all bloated and a headache every time?  For about the last two years this has been happening to me.  I don't know if it's the perc's along with the stress or what but it takes me several hours afterwards to get myself feeling better.  Let me know.  Thanks
Peete
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
When I am taking pain pills and have stress or anxiety, I do get very bloated and gassy.  Gross, I know, but it is true!!!  I have heard that stress on top of taking pain meds can cause stomach issues, including, gassy, bloating, and nausea/vomiting.  I think it is because stress and anxiety speed up the bowels and opiates slow them down.  
Helpful - 0
Isn't that so weird.  It really makes me wonder if it's from nerves.  I hate it, it happens every time like the stress actually builds up inside my stomach until I feel like I'm ready to explode!!!  I'm feeling better now thank goodness.  How about you?  I hope so.  Have a good night
Peete
Helpful - 0
o-m-g!! i couldnt believe im seeing this. yes, today we were at the sis-in-laws house and i was the most bloated ive ever felt. i was so uncomfortable.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for helping me to feel like I'm not alone in this.  Every time there is a family gathering I end up feeling like ****.  I'm sitting here bloated with a headache and thinking to myself "Isn't it supposed to be nice spending time with family"?  I guess I'm just lucky like you guys are.  I'll try to get some positive energy flowing here and see if I can't get feeling better.  Thank you both.
Peete
Helpful - 0
Same thing happens to me but not around my family.  I am a bartender and it happens when I get into work.  Its almost like I have real bad anxiety.  As soon as I get into work...my head starts pounding and my stomach hurts.  I take oxys...so I guess we have a similar problem.  Weird huh?
Helpful - 0
I know when I'm around certain people I start feeling bad Ie stomache ache.  I think our emotions are tyed to our bodies I don't mean to sound airy fairy but its true its all energy and it affect us.  we hold emotional pain i our bodies there a book called seat of the soul  it explains.  it over now though so rest up and get some good energy flowing thro those bones.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.