Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

someone please answer

i have 12 xanax, 2mg bars, i am physically over the hump of oxy w/d's but i have severe anxiety, my dr gave me seroquell and a klonipin taper regimin. He said to take as much seroquell, like a whole 25mg pill, if need be but the seroquell knocks me out. I have 2 small children and can't be knocked out. Now here's the catchy part, my dr didnt give me the xanax, my friend did when i told my fam about my little problem with oxy's because stuff really hit the fan. If i use quaters of the bar as need or every 4-6 hours will I go through w/d's when i stop. I usually use, or i'll say the past 2 days i would use 1 quarter bar in the am, te another qt in the late afternoon, and the other half of the bar for sleep. what will happen to me, i'm also on 5mg a day of prozac. I only ask because the xanax actually helps take the edge off while the seroquell puts me to sleep, should i just stop now and deal ( whicj im having a hard time with) or use the xanax, remember i only have no more then 12 xanax.....
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Anxiety is my specialty as I have had it for 11 years and have been through several book, programs, and therapy to help me through it.  First let me ask if there is anything that triggers the anxiety?  Second when you are in the midst of it do you know what you are saying to yourself?  Most of the time when we panic we make it worse by saying negative things to ourselves.  Start talking positive and telling yourself that you are okay, this will pass, you are safe, you are doing a great job.  As for the xanax I don't think you will have a problem if you take them like you said.  Though everyone is different I can't see a problem.  Write back and let me know how you are doing.  
Helpful - 0
well doc put me on serequel and I went off real fast didn't like the way I felt.  doc don't know everything go by how you feel if your worried about withdrawl as doc for clonodine patch it lowers your blood pressure because when your in wd it goes up'  worked for me with herion withdrawl many years ago and they are still using it.  seriquel is an anti phycotic drug. say awat from those if you read the sideeffects you will see. yes the xanaxor whatever is good just don't get wired on that short term ok I take serax every once in awhile for sleep. you'll be ok your not alone thats for sure try different thing to see what works for you I have children too you have to be copus mentus.  good luck it really is ok.
Helpful - 0
Here is what I would do: Call the pharmacy, any pharmacy and ask them about it.  Tell them you have just recently begun taking seroquil and have an old rx for xanax that you still use occasionally to help with panic/anxiety.  Ask them if it is okay to take them together or even one in the am, one in the pm.  They will tell you.
It is always better to be safe than sorry, especially with kids around!
Take care!
Helpful - 0
well, i told my psych doctor that i was using xanax to help the anxiety that comes with the w/d's of OC, thats why he gave me klonipin ans tapered me off, and put me on the prozac.....buttt.....for the past 2 days ive been so anxious that ive used the xanax. the dr said benzo's ( xanax or klonipin) wouldnt harm me if taken together,plus when i take those bits of xanax i dont take as much seroquell. i just thought since i head around 12 left it might help me till the prozac gets more into my system. im only on day 7 from nothing and like 2 weeks off oxy's. this anxiety is soooo hard for me. i have 2 kids ( 6 & 18months ) so i need to be ok. i have no urge for an oc , dont get me wrong, i miss it, i miss feeling good and being "supermom" but i had a tough time handeling w/d's off them and i dont want to go through it with xanax ya know. i just feel crappy, mentally, i dont want to leave  the house, i feel like a 90 year old woman, my hips hurt and i get winded quick. not good for a mother of 2 ya know. I will NEVER go back to feeling that hell. i want to feel normal. i just didnt know if those xanax would comprimise that. could i use it to help me get over the "hump"....when will this anxiety lessen? i dont want to get myself into more trouble with the xanax but i cant take feeling like this, the seroquell doesnt take away the anxiety, it just puts me to sleep, if i take half it wouldnt touch my anxiousness....ive tried. this is why people relapse, im not, i will never feel that bas again, but i can understand why they do ya know.....
sorry for rambleing.....
Helpful - 0
Hey, sorry you're going through a rough time.  Regarding the medication, everyone is definitely different.  Some people swear by xanax, but I can't take it because it actually makes me feel more anxious if that makes any sense lol.  And it also makes me feel like **** the next day, the seriquil makes me very sleepy and actually makes me feel like more **** the next day.  I've noticed that Valium actually takes a little of the anxiety away so I've been taking a half in the morning and half at nite.  But someone only gave me 5 of them so I only have one left.  Sorry I can't be of more help :(  but I just wanted you to know that I'm here for you and if ya need someone to talk to and you have yahoo messenger i'm laffy_taffy_lil_rabby***@**** or you can also email from that address also.  Thinking and praying of you, Lil :)
Helpful - 0
thanks, today is just a really bad day for me emotionally. i just did half a xanax. I got some not so good news, nothing life or death, but just friend drama. well i guess the only drama is, none of my non pill friends seem to pay anymind to me, i dont think its because of the pills, i think its becaue they all are single w/ no kids and the ones that do have kids always have other people taking care of them. Aside from my husbands and my pill addiction, we're a pretty normal family but since we're only 26 no one calls us unless it has to do with drinking or something like that. Its kind of funny how the friends that do the pills are the ones calling asking how we are and stuff. ironic? maybe i should just go back to pills, nothing seems to be getting better.....
Helpful - 0
Hun, u are doing so good.  I will be here for you no matter if you do or don't take a pill but please think long and hard before you do.  You are doing so great... why spoil a good thing?  You will get over this, it just takes alot of time.  Just post, or go outside read a book, go to a friends, talk to someone on the phone, do whatever you hafta do.   But please think long and hard before you take a pill.  Just think of all the hell u go through to get off of them.  Thinking of you, Lil. :)  I'm here for ya!!!
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
heya oxy.i think ur treading dangerous ground taking 2 potent benzos.2mg xanax are equal to 40mgs of diazepam.2mg clonazepam is also equal 2 40mgs of diazepam.only flunitrazepam/rohypnol/roofies are stronger.u dont need to take both.taking a benzo dose equal to 50-80mgs of diazepam is overkill and they both do xactly the same thing(anxiolytics) so stik to 1 and drop the other.better yet talk to a reputable GP with sum xperience in this field.good luck
regards J
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.