Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
192332 tn?1189755828

anyone take lunesta?

I started on lunesta.have anyone had a weird like metal taste in your mouth from it and did it work good?I hope it works.26 bucks for 14 pills.WOW!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That metal taste will be with u 24 hours. It is awful. I take ambien cr, and I stay asleep.
Helpful - 0
176495 tn?1301280412
I was taking advil PM and having the same problem..not being able to stay asleep..this after a few vics during the day, 2mg of Ativan and a couple advil PMs at bedtime.  I'd go right to sleep and bling..wide awake at 4AM.  Thus, ambien.  

I never understood those tylenol PM ads..take a couple and leap out of bed in the AM and run a few miles, paint the house, mow the lawn and everythng is  wonderful..heck,
I could bearly get out of bed and into the shower after taking them even WITHOUT
the vics/ativan, etc.

Jim
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Thanx for the input.I was at 80mg daily this time.Had a hell of a time this time going c/t.I think it my age now.when i was younger even methadone w/d's wern't as bad as geting off the norcos this time.depression/anxiety were and are always the worst for me.Got an anti now hope it works.Good luck and God Bless................Bruce
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
i've tried lunesta and ambien...not my favorites.  tylenol p.m. still works for me.  from what i hear ppl say, the tylenol p.m. gives them a hangover the next day but that has never happened to me.  i don't have any trouble falling to sleep...usually within 3 minutes of hitting the pillow...seriously...i just can't stay asleep.

kim
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
i cant take tylenol pm or any of the others.they give me a hangover and headache all the next day.
Helpful - 0
176495 tn?1301280412
I take it occasionaly.  My wife has a script and occasionally when I can't sleep I'll borrow one from her.  I do not like the taste..sometimes it takes 24 hours to get rid of it.  I recently got my own script (from my doctor) for ambien which I much prefer if simply for the lack of taste.  They both do a good number on knocking me out rather quickly.  I
almost have to be in bed when I take it.  I've actually been talking to my wife and just
gone right to sleep.  I used to have hallucinations with ambien but haven't noticed it
lately.

I'm hoping it will help as I try to kick my 6-7 vic 75/day habit.  Not as severe as some
folks in here, but I know I need to get off 'em.  And I'm trying.  I'm also dealing with
some moderate depression/anxiety (probably vic related) and take ativan a couple times /day.

So, anyway..Lunesta works..just a horrible taste (for me and others)

BG
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.