Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

i cant believe i did this to myself!!!!!

i'm pretty upset tonight for many reasons, some are very personal. but i completely relapsed!!!! i'm so angry w/ myself right now. I try to stay positive and move forward, but this past week i've been dealing with ALOT!!! mostly personal issues at home w/ my boyfriend, missing my girls, looking for a job (still) and finally some thing that happened here on this forum tonight. i guess i let it all build up and it finally got me. i swear i can be my own worst enemy. i know i have to be honest w/ myself and others about what i've done, so this is why i'm posting it. i was doing pretty good w/ my pain pills. taking them only when i've been in real legitimate pain. and then tonight, i go and take way to many, not for my physical pain, but to numb my inner pain. i know what my triggers are to cause my abuse and yet i totally left logic behind and let my triggers build up and handled them the wrong way. i guess i'm mostly disappointed w/ myself right now. to those of you who have reached out to me tonight, THANKYOU, but i feel like i have let you down also. you took time to talk to me and i went and turned to my pills anyways, for that i am sorry. tomorrows another day, time to do some soul searching, EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD NIGHT
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey you....check your myspace...I just messaged you back.
AND don't you DARE beat yourself up over this! We have all been there, and all have done the same thing you did tonight.
I know I sure have when I was feeling horrible!
you know, a really smart person once told me to take baby steps...and that's the best advice I ever got!
Baby steps to get to your goal. Baby steps to get to where it is you need to be. BABY STEPS is right...and right now that's what you need to hear.
So you fell...just get back up, and take those baby steps again and you'll be OK.

love you!
cinnamon
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
still luvs ya :)

what the hell...tomorrow is another day and you can just start right where you left off...just a little boo boo...that's all.  you didn't disappoint any of us here...we are here to support you, not judge you.

you sleep well girlie and we'll talk tomorrow...k?

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
thank you for the support :)

cinn- your right, how could i ever forget about BABY STEPS:)

lizzie-get some sleep, you need it...

night all
Helpful - 0
You may have relapsed on pills but not determination,,there was probably a time when guilt wasnt in the mix so to speak,,honesty is a gigantic part of recovery and you have that and thats why success is closer then you think,,,you just stumbled,,you didnt fall over the cliff
Helpful - 0
AMEN to that!
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
hang in there.you did not let any of us down.Dust yourself off and get back on that horse.I f you have clean days don't kick them to the curb.just put a* by the number to remind yourself.We all fall.I did.you take care and God Bless
Helpful - 0
You were doing good and you will do good again, you had a slip up, big deal.  You start all over tomorrow.  Your going to be fine girl.  I liked that one, get back on the horse... Huggs,Georgia
Helpful - 0
Sweetie, we all do that.  We all fall down quite a bit before we finally get it done.  I'm still fallin down.  I went 13 days a couple of weeks back without a pill.  That's the longest I've went in 3 years without a pill, and I think i have the people on this forum to thank for that.  I've been slippin' ever since, started off one pill a day then, 2 a day for a couple of days, and boy did I ever fudge up yesterday!!! I had quite a few pills.  I felt awful but alot of people on here made me feel so much better.  Today I only did 2 cuz I had hubby put them up and give me one this morning then one when he got home from work a little while ago.  Tomorrow is a new day.  After I taper myself down to one a day and run out, I'm gonna try to get back on the horse and quite c/t after that.  Hopefully the taper to one a day will be alot better on the withdrawals when i run out after that.  I'm so proud of your honesty.  I think that it makes it alot easier to get off this junk when we're honest about it.  I'm so happy that you came to us and told us the truth.  Tomorrow get back on the horse and try again.  Try, try again and again and again.  We can do it all together.  We slip, get back up and try again.  We're here for ya babe!!  Luvs ya, thinking and praying for ya, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
It happens to a lot of people don't beat yourself up about it. Are you planning to stop all the pills or continue to take them because of real physical pain? If you have abused the pills in the past and have them for true pain you will probably abuse them again. It's very hard for an addict to have pills around and not over use. I'm not trying to sound harsh I just know from experience.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.