Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Clearly.

When I post it is not meant to be funny most of the time. I log on here, read for a day or two usually and I am in my glory when I see things running smoothly here. When it is, it means that the people here are getting on with their task of fighting their way through withdrawal. At the moment there is no one here that I would be at odds with. There are little flubs but there are   no direct innuendos. These can be easily forgiven because most of them are the result of pain, anxiety and paranoia, which always comes during withdrawal. Taking direct aim at someone who inadvertantly slipped a little brings out the grandpa in me. When I see anyone deliberately stirring up problems I become the close relative of Crankshaft. I would dearly love to sit and read post after post that shows everyone getting along and actually receiving and getting the help that is needed. It's a long trip that every one is on here. There should be no obstacles placed in their way. The journey is not a smooth one as I already know from experience. It can be made a little easier with everybody lending a hand and helping anyone who trips and falls, to get back on their feet so that they can continue on their way to the end. There is a light at the end of the darkness,. Just point yourself in that direction and don't let anything or anyone stand in your way. Bon Voyage people!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks - very well said again.

And I will repeat what I said earlier, I hope that everyone will make an effort to make this forum the great place for shared experinces, advice, support and CARING that it was when I first joined - I for one really need the support.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
Hey, I was just reading your post and I was curious as what you did for a living??  I understand if you want to keep it personal, but, the way you write you can tell that you are very intelligent.  I keep trying to figure out if you were a professor or maybe even a writer.  And then I read your post about your rhino skin and think maybe you were a kernal (cant spell) in the service..  I know you said that you were 80, but, you sure can make a post interesting.  I would like to hear about you.  I am not sure if you posted it in the past.  I did read that you were addicted to oxys, but, I would like to hear more about you.. You seem to be the sharpest one on here and always writes to help the forum, which by the way, went crazy today.  If you dont feel its to personal I would like to hear a little about your life... If not I understand,, Huggs, Georgia
Helpful - 0
I thought the Mangee was a professor too. He writes so eloquently and punctuation is perfect, LOL.

Mangee:
You are a very wise man and I love reading your posts. I admire your strength and fortitude to get off drugs, even though you probably need them for pain. You have been such a guiding light to many on this board. You are the voice of reason and wisdom!!  You remind me very much of my Dad and he is one great man.

Sending warm wishes your way,
Mariyah
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.