Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Fellow Addicts.....

Greetings Forum Friends.

It's Day #5 for me. I'm grumpy--started my period and woke up to grey skies. Ugh.

Howz everyone out there? Who else is struggling in their first few weeks without drugs? Remind me. It'll help me if I can take you with me in my thoughts today. Sorry, too many ailing brain cells to remember where exactly everyone is in their struggle...and going back and reading earlier posts is to much for me.

I do know, though,  that Avis is at 7 Days!! How are you doing there anyway Mrs. Avis? ? CONGRATS!

Today I'm just going to try to move through the sludge in hopes of a Better Life on the other side. But I  really, really, really WANT IT NOW--there's my addicton rearing it's ugly head--That is, wanting a QUICK FIX followed by that nasty little habit of REACHING for a pill, drink, herbal extract, vitamin, supplement--ANYTHING to fix me and my emotional discomfort. Anything to avoid the pain of feeling.

My pray today:  God, grant us the courage not to REACH for any unnecessary substance today.

Blessings to All of You,

--Athena

4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
192332 tn?1189755828
After day 5 i personally started to see the light.that is when i started feeling like i stood a chance now that i look back at it.I had to look back week to week to really see how much better i was feeling.hang in there the light gets brighter every day.GOD BLESS..............Bruce
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
athena, hey girlie I am doing great almost on day eight things will keep getting better for you everyday from day 5 on. The biggest problem I am having is low energy ..... it lasts four or five hours a day !!!.. But I can deal it with . sleep has gotten much better I woke up for about an hour last night but when I look where I was a week ago I can deal LOL
Athena keep it up ,find something to do that just you time, I think that helps too !! How are the meetings going ?  I am living in SC right now so we have some great weather . where are you from ?
Avis
Helpful - 0
Good to hear from you both.

DAY 8 Avis?! Amzing darlin. I like what you said about looking back to where you were a week ago ad that giving you strength to deal w/today. Good stuff.

I'm a Northern California Girl--I live way up high in the Sierra Nevada mountains. It snowed yesterday, but a week ago it was 70 degrees out--typical CA weather. I hear SC is a lovely place. Did you ever read the book Beach Music (I think that's the name)--I think it takes place there on the coast. The descriptions in that book gave me a very vivid picture of what it must be like.

Have a WONDERFUL day enjoying your new life.

--A
Helpful - 0
Woohooooo Day 5 WAY TO GO GIRLIE!!!!!!!!!  I'm so sorry you're having such a bad day though... You deserve to be grumpy... lol.  Grump away, I'm so proud of you sweetie!!!!  You'll feel better soon.  Just keep thinkin' to yourself that it's gonna get better soon and you won't hafta worry about those damn pills anymore!!!  Luvs ya girlie, Lil :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.