Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

methdone detox

hi this is my first time doeing this but i need help i am 48 i have been a addict for 15 years like the restof us i lost my famialy ,busniess and self respect. About four years i went to the methdone clinic and for the past 3  years i have been clean nothing but the methadone. i have managed to build a life for my self. I am not happy but i am alive. I want off the methadone i am scraed very , please what is the best way to detox .I want to live. I am not woried about relaspe cause i am not but i need help with the methadone detox please help. tobbs ps i was addict to every thing inthe book herion perscot my drug of choise. ha ha still can not spell
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have been taking methadone for over a year. I was buying off of the street for about 7-8 months until I felt like I was pretty addicted (definitely psychologically). I was spending way too much money and withdrawing half of the time, so I went to the clinic. I have been going to the clinic for about 5 1/2 months and desperately want to get off of methadone. I was taken to 110mg and have been coming down 1mg a day for the past 35 days. Now I'm at 75mg. I can definitely feel the difference, but am not yet withdrawing. I was addicted to opiates (heroin, oxycontin, etc.) and was able to kick that. I really feel for the first time since I started to use opiates, that I am mentally ready to stop. I am just wondering how bad this is going to be and if anyone had any helpful advice to detox from methadone. I am going to continue to go down 1mg a day until I get to 30mg and then I am going to switch to Suboxone (Buprenorphine). All the while I will be exercising. I haven't been taking methadone for too terribly long and hope that I will be OK. Please, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan
Helpful - 0
i started out at 90  ml then about 30 mounths ago i went up to 200 ml. on sat and sun .mon thru     fri i was 140 ml  take more i started detoxing ar xmas 06.  i am now taking 80 ml a day
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Hello welcome!You are in a god place.dont mind the negative stuff.Just take what you need and leave the rest.First of all how much were you taking a day?
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
I got strung out on methadone a couple years ago.Only 40to50mg a day went c/t because my access ran out.The w/d's were horrible on just that.I would do what RBC3 says if i had to do it all over.Good Luck.God Bless..............Bruce
Helpful - 0
I am goin to a methadone clinic and what was suggested for me was to go down 5 mg. at a time every week.  so thats what i doin . i am up to 60 mg and next week I'm goin down to 55mg then 5 after that till i am at 5 mgs. Good luck RBC3
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.