Close

How Long?

How long have u been sober? and from what? I respect you and "nomas" opinion
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This question and comment r 4 u
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
I'm clean 5 years from alcohol and cocaine and weed.  I'm clean a little over a month from pain meds.  Mine is a typical story.  I started taking them for a back injury after a car accident and got physically andmentally addicted.  I quit cold turkey.
It's hard but it is do-able.
Helpful - 0
I want to go cold turkey but I have to work, cuz I have a son and I share a house and bills with my mother and , I need energy so for right now I am goin to a methadone clinic. Right now I am at 60mg and I want to go down 5 mg at a time per week. oh fantastic on ur recovery from pain pills
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
Is it possible for you to take maybe 2 days off?  I know what it's like to pay bills.  Fortunately when I stopped I shared with my husband and stayed with my father who thoughti  had the flu.  It's very similar.  I would not have been able to work, I know thatmuch.
You CAN do it though.  I was BAD for about 3 days but on that third day I had moments of great clarity.
I knew I should never have started withthe pills because of my history with addiction BUT I needed them temporarily and still dobut I've gone to acupuncture and I've learned to meditate and I TRY to NOT need them you know?
It's no way to live.. staring at the empty bottle, waiting for your next doctors appt... waking up to take that first dose.
I am grateful.... VERY GRATEFUL.
But I do not close the door on my past which is why I come here.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.