Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
201324 tn?1191086278

have observed..

By the way, I've observed the  site for quite a while, and it provides insight and motivation to me to move forward with my goals. goals for a sober life!
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
195648 tn?1231812118
Great, welcome.... tell us about yourself, keep posting!
Helpful - 0
201324 tn?1191086278
Thanks! I'm a single male....no wives, gorlfriends, or kids.....so, I think I lack the support that a lot of you have. I do have a golden retriever, but she wonders what is going when I'm heaving every morning...it would be nice to have someone with me physically that understands, but I don't, so thats it. I want my life back, my hiking, my biking, my working out, and the pleasure of a new day...not the cloudy, sick feeling I experience on a daily basis. Time to take an ativan, go to bed....drink water...do it again tomorrow, and see how I feel by monday.....just in time to make a freaking presentation at a Cleve. Indians function :(   I just gotta get through it....right?
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
I have found that there is no motivation more successful thanthe HAVING NO CHOICE option.
This is your LIFE.  It can be a wonderful one.  It can also be a sad lonely one but you make it whatit is.
You CAN do it.  You WILL do it.  I can hear it!
We are ALL here to spport YOU.  It also takes us out of our ownshit and believe you me, we all have a lot of ****.
Sometimes, even though I'm married and I have someone here, I like my cats  A LOT better than my husband.
PS
Goldens are AWESOME!!  At least it's not a chiuahua (sp?)  
(no offense to them or their owners!!)
LOL
Helpful - 0
glad you decided to post.  Lots of people here have helped me.  They have good advice.  Hang in there.  Yes you just have to get through it.  AND remember how awful it was so you can draw on that to prevent a relapse.  You may be alone where you are, but you are by no means alone.
Stay strong.
Helpful - 0
201324 tn?1191086278
One thing I can truthfully say...addiction can strike anywhere...does not discriminate between the races, the well off, or the less well off...the downtrodden, or the famous......we are in this boat together, and as per the words of "the unsinkable molly brown" from the Titanic disaster....."we aren't going down" !
Helpful - 0
Welcome Ohio,

Glad to see you made it here. Hopefully we can help.

No kids for me but I have a pooch, too, and I also love to hike, bike, etc.--all activities I too have deserted, but long for. My dog has also sufferred as the result of my addiction. I hate that look they give you daily that seems to say "You used to walk me every day. Can't we go out just for a little bit today?"....Ugh!

Good luck and keep posting.

All the Best,

--AThena
Helpful - 0
201324 tn?1191086278
Yes, its all the little things that I miss....taking abbi out into the woods, hiking, cooking out.....enjoyimg life without a couple vikes and a 6 pack...I used to enjoy running 5k races.....I guess I want it back, and I'm willing to do what it takes!
Helpful - 0
I am on day 3 w/o viks and am feeling much better.  So you have a presentation to do?  What kind?  I am trying to get "better" by Friday as I have to travel to New Mexico where I will stay for 10 days.
Have a great day and keep the faith!
Helpful - 0
Welcome to the board,
I really understand how you feel about not having anyone...I dont..I live with a family ....but its not the same...its more headache than anything I dont really have support with my addiction....to pills...
I dont talk to about it with ppl here...I just come here.....so its like Im Isolated about ppl..which really sucks too..

but with the help of my friends I stick and thru and I keep coming around!!
Welcome and hang in there..Things change when you change them the power really is in you...Its just how you are going to get it

Exercise is reallygood and helps alot even more so if you have physical pain from starting pain pills...and changeing the way you eat and such!! And all the other little tib bits that you will hear while you come..here..

Hang in there Welcome and get to see you!!

C
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.