Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Noisy.

In order to lighten things up a little, how about we tell about an everyday embarrasing moment theat happened to you............

One day, while working as a cab driver on a hot humid Sunday,so hot that even the birds were walking,I was sitting in front of a hotel hoping to get a fare. As I happened to glance across the street I noticed two men attacking another man in front of a restaurant. Being somewhat young and foolish and somewhat impulsive, I jumped out of my cab and raced to the man's assistance, glancing neither right nor left, intent only on a valiant rescue. Reaching the three I grabbed one man by the arm yelling at him that to,leave the guy alone. The next thing I knew I was flat on the ground and three seconds later I was securely handcuffed. I had butted in on a police arrest. Had I glanced to either side  before I entered the fray I would have noticed a police car parked fifteen feet away from the restaurant which would have told me to back off. The result was a court appearance and a fifty dollar fine for interfering with an officer in the apprehension of a known felon.
That's mine, what's yours?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
OMG you guy's stories were freakin' hilarious lol... thank you so much, I laughed so hard my dog was just lookin up at me with his head cocked to one side as if to say "what is wrong with you?"  lol... I totally agree mangee... I think that we need a laugh i would say once in a while but I think we need one at least once if not more a day.  Thank you so much for sharing those stories guys lol.  

You talk about stories about children not knowing when to shut up?  I'll tell you a story about when I was young.  My parents always talked about bills and how they were going to pay this bill or that bill.  I remember them saying one time when I was about 5 "we'll pay this with a bounce check and worry about it later"... well, wrong idea to talk about it in front of a child lol...

My mother and I and my two sisters were in the store a couple of weeks later and we got up to the cashier, she rang up all the groceries and said the total (can't remember how much), and I heard my mother say "oh ****, I don't have that much" so me being a kid I said "just bounce a check mom, and take care of it later" WELL OMGGG my mother felt like crawling under a rock lmaooo... I embarrassed her so much, she told me to shut up lol.  I had no idea why she was being so mean lol... now I think to myself omg I hope my kids don't embarrass me like that in public lol.  They haven't yet but I'm just waiting lol.  You guys have a wonderful nite, Luvs ya'll Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
i have had so many but for some reason this one has always stood out.

this happened when i was around 15-16 years old...an age when everything is embarrassing
my aunt, (who is only two years older than i) and i were in church one sunday morning.  normally we sat with all the kids our age but that day we were sitting amongst the adults.  when we were asked to stand for the innovocation, my aunt let out the loudest and smelliest "fart" that i have ever witnessed.  i was moritfied!  i started giggling and looking all around, trying to see what the reactions were...not my aunt...she just stood there looking straight ahead...never even flinched.
it wasn't until after the service, on the drive home, that she told me that "everyone" thought it was me because "I" was the one giggling and looking all around while she stood motionless.  i was so embarrassed that i couldn't go to church for the next few weeks...and NEVER again did i sit with the adults.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
The first thing that comes to mind happened about five yrs. ago. We went to the theater to see a show we had been wanting to see. My hubby and I sit near the screen, but not too close. I always like to leave as soon as the show is over so we can get out ahead of the crowd and I need a cigarette. Well, when the show ended I grabbed my hubby's arm and tucked in under my arm which placed his hand right on my...well yeah that!! I drug him out and through the lobby and outside, only to find out it WASN'T my hubby. It was some shocked man looking at me like I was crazy. Hubby got a good laugh, but the more I tried to explain to my victim what had happened, the more obvious it became that he just wanted to escape me and go find his wife.
We still laugh about that today...we also don't go to the movies as much.

LOL....LS
Helpful - 0
LOL! That is so hilarious!! What a great story.

What a great idea. I'm thinking...but I can't come up with a good one.

I'll think some more.

--Athena
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
lmao...that is hilarious!
i needed that...

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
My heading should have been "Nosey not noisy."
Some may think that embarrasing moments may not have anything to do with this site, it does. If a little laughter can take your mind off the trials and tribulations that you are going through. If it can ease the pain a bit and bring a smile to replace the frown, why not?  Humour in it's own way has a little healing power. In a lot of instances it is enough to keep you on an even keel which is what is needed here. So, as I said before, "What's yours?"
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.