Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Suboxone withdrawls I think!!!

Hello! I have been off of vicodin for about 3 weeks now! I was on suboxone for about a week and a half. I took my last suboxone last Saturday and everything was great! I felt fine untill about 3 days ago. Now I'm feeling like I did when withdrawling from the vic's! Does anyone else have this problem? Does it last long? I am feeling pretty bad and scared of taking again!! Is there anything to do to make you feel better?
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
397118 tn?1219762250
Sorry you are going thru a hard time but I think you need to do a longer taper and slower getting of from 2mg is going to be hard so if I were you I would go back to you doctor and get the 2mg tabs and try the taper from 2mg and go lower to even a little crumb that is what I'm planning on doing anyways.
Good luck ok
Helpful - 0
352798 tn?1399298154
Sorry you got missed. You posted on an old post and it got overlooked. Try posting this on a new post. Top of page the Post a Question button.
Helpful - 0
i have been on suboxone for about 8 months and i stopped going to my doctor because i started to get addicted to them i couldnt function without em. I was getting 30 8mg's a month. About 2 weeks ago i cut down to a half of one then the following week a quarter. As of 3 days ago ive been off them completely and i kinda feel like ****! how long do you think the crappy feeling will last if theres only like 2mg in my system?
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Have you gone through Suboxone withdrawal yet? That is her dilemma. She wants to be rid of the Suboxone but is going through w.d from it. How long have you been on Sub? And how much do you take? Have you tried to be Sub free yet yourself?
Helpful - 0
You need to stop the other drugs NOW!  I have been clean from all drugs except my suboxone treatment for about 9 months now.  You need to get yourself into a rehab facility or find NA programs in your area.  Sounds like you want to get clean enough to do what it takes.  It's not an easy process, but worth every living, waking second once the withdrawls are done.  You can do it.  I did and never thought there was a way out.  I hope that helps and the best of luck to you!
Helpful - 0
401095 tn?1351391770
yes amanda   repost so ur post will receive the attention it deserves
Helpful - 0
352798 tn?1399298154
I am so sorry your post got overlooked. May I suggest that you copy what you wrote and start a new post. Top of page 'Post a Question" button. You will get some of your questions answers
Helpful - 0
I went to treatment two years ago to over come opiate addiction. I was put on suboxone along with many other scripts. In March i decided it was time to stop it all! I was on 32mg of suboxone for almost two years. i weened off and felt like i was about to lose my mind. I went to the ER and could not find any help. Since March i have been taking a half of pill(4mg) per day. I feel like i am ready to give up. I feel sick everyday and my depression and anxiety is a nightmare!!!! I dont know what to do anymore. Is this last half that i take causing me to feel this way? If i would have known more about this nasty drug when i started it, i would have never ever even considered it. Does anyone know of anything i can do to feel better? ANYTHING? This is the end of June already and i cant live another day feeling this way. I stayed sober for two years and now i will do anything to feel better. Now i have stooped to the level of drugs, coke, weed, pills, just something to feel good for a minute. WRONG. I got sick doing each one of these except weed of course. That seems to help with my nausea but not the anxiety!!!!!!! I am a single mother of two and i need answers NOW! When i find an answer i will try help anyone feeling like me and STOP anyone from starting this "devil" drug! Thank you for listening.  
Helpful - 0
Thanks everyone. I don't know how to reply back to you guys. But thanks for your help.
Helpful - 0
there are severe w/d from sub. they're supposed to taper u off of it slowly. one of my friends is on it, and another was weaned off but still had awful w/d for about a month. it is an opiate also that binds very tightly to receptors so it does take a long time to get out of ur system which is why it took awhile for your w/d to start. if they didn't taper you i would go back to dr and ask for a taper plan. since u weren't on it that long u may just want to tough it out as it should not last that long really. sub is a stronger opiate than oxy or morphine. i don't understand why dr.s think this stuff is such a great help to everyone when it is just another opiate drug...
Helpful - 0
  gee this stuff sounds alot like methodone to me Has anyone come off the sub successfully?   It sounds like a real ***** this stuff and why does it cost so  much.
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
did u not taper off with the sub.buprenorphine has a massive half life(36hrs+) as well as a cumulative effect.so wds can b delayed 4 days.ur tale of woe sounds eerily familiar.if it looks like,smells like,feels like wds,chances are........
regards J
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Suboxone has a longer half life so it would have still been in your system on tuesday even.. you are probably having some lingering WD symptoms from stopping.. take it easy... Immodium, hot baths, lots of fluids, Hylands Restful Legs for the RLS.. hang on you will feel better soon..
Helpful - 0
sorry hon, I don't have info on sub, but many others do--they will eventually post.

How long were you on the vics, and approx. how much?

--AThena
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.