Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
192332 tn?1189755828

anyone take lexipro?

Hi Peeps!doc changed me from zoloft to lexopro because it made my anxiety worse and i couldn't get an appetite.I have just took 5mg per day for 2 days and still experiencing pretty bad anxiety from the lex also.Does anyone take it?What was it like for you at first?Do i just need to ride it out until my body acclimates to it.and how long before it levels off usually.Sorry i have posted on this subject a couple of times now.I am just looking for answers.Hope everyone is well and happy.God Bless ..................Bruce
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I think its going to take a couple of weeks for them to get in your system, in the mean time, I suggest you ask your doc for a small supply of zanax just for emergency panac attacks.  This should all subside after a couple of weeks.  Hang in there, its going to get better.. Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
does lexapro cause a low sex drive? Other antidepressants do that to me and I hate it. I need to find one that increases it :)
Helpful - 0
I alternate 10 and 20 mg. of lexapro (10 one day, 20 the next, back to 10) and I take it for anxiety (no depression).  It has worked for me pretty well.  I have been able to cut back my use of ativan by 50% since beginning the lexapro.  It took about 2 weeks for me to get used to the 10 mg. dosage and I've found that the alternation works well because 10 seems to be too little and 20 too much.  I also don't have any of the sexual side effects that I did with Paxil and Wellbutrin.

good luck!
Helpful - 0
Damn, I hope this one works out well for you.  I've never taken that one so I can't share my experience with ya on that one.  Good luck sweetie, Luvs Lil.
Helpful - 0
  there may be a possibility you don't need them either could just still be paws.  I know people say if you don't need them they make you feel really weird they didn't do that to me I felt better in 3 weeks like night and day. Its like if you don't need aderall or something it will make you speedy andif you need it it slows you down JUst my 2 cents worth anyway good luck your doing so well good on ya.
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Thanks for the input.I cant believe how sensitive i am to ssri's. I can take all the pain killers you can dish out and function just fine.but one little half of a lex and my whole day is hell.I don't get it.My wife took it for a year and did just fine.I guess i'm weird.Thanx again FLaddict.Take care .God Bless......................Bruce
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I know for me I didn't feel 100% great right away but it didn't take as long as other SSRI's.. within 2 weeks I was amazed at how good I felt. my sleep patterns were better, my thoughts didn't race, anxiety was more controllable and then having nearly none.. I have a xanax script for panic attacks and generaly I feel so good that the refill expires before I fill it. i hope this works out for you give it some time and try not to focus too much on it.. if you need anything you know where to find me..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.