Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
201324 tn?1191086278

vikes all gone..

Well, I did it....after looking at those little devil vikes I have been taking for my rotator cuff tear....I just took the last three....not at once, one at a time over the last 4 hours....so there we go!! All gone, with no refills....now we'll see which way the wind blows! I even parted ways with a ladyfriend I felt dearly for....I can't handle the anxiety, and the emotional ups and downs.....I feel its time for me to set sail on a new course....once I can enjoy life, and enjoy my self, than maybe I can share it with a partner....does anyone agree with that? I just feel that I need to mourn loses...and heal, before I can move ahead. I welcome your input...
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
201324 tn?1191086278
Hey there sosad! You hit the nailright on the head!! 100% we need to take stock of ourselves, gather up the pieces, grieve....suffer, and learn from it and get stronger. It most certainly hurts to let someone go that we care about, but maybe in some ways, we are showing that person how much we care, because we want them to be happy. We just aren't in the position to provide them that happiness....we can't even provide it to ourselves....YET!! But we will soon, and we'll be back better than ever! And you know what?? That person we care about just may be around for us too :)
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
I agree with you 100 % you have to be happy with yourself to be happy with anyone else, you get back what you give out :) I am still trying to figure out what makes me happy and what I want from life, I learn alittle more about myself every day ...
Avis
Helpful - 0
201324 tn?1191086278
Thanks you guys.....as I forge ahead, it can only get better....I appreciate all the support :)
Helpful - 0
Good job!!

Glad to see you post again. Like I said to another addict today, There are no good endings for people who remain hooked on pain meds.

But there's a big, beautiful life waiting for you on the other side of a very brief period of sufferring (that will seem like forever, just remember it's not). Way to go--you're officially out of the problem and in the solution.

Don't you have some sort of commitment tomorrow? Then can you take a few days off?

Post again if you have any questions. Everyone here will support you as best they can, and many have great info/answers for questions that may come up.

Best Wishes,

--AThena
Helpful - 0
Hey there. Nice to meet you, I am an oldy here. Anyhow...I agree with gg, and also you have to do what is best for YOU and your recovery. I think your making the right decision and it all makes sence to me. I have to say though...your a brave person, doing this alone. Well, your not alone you have us all here but I mean w/o a partner by your side.
Again, what you said makes perfect sence, and it can only benefit you and your recovery. I am a firm beleiver in if I can't be happy with myself how can I make someone else happy? Not to mention the extra stress when our lives are hectic as is with our addictions.
So I agree with you 100%, and only YOU know how your life is and where it is headed.
Seems to me you have set some wonderful goals and you will get there.

Huggs to you and thoughts and prayers your way!
Helpful - 0
I agree with you too.  Our drugs keep us from truly grieving our losses, in my opinion.  I think we have to rediscover ourselves and follow our intuition.  Who knows, maybe it will work out with your lady later on.
We are here for you.  
Helpful - 0
Yes, I totally agree with that and I think that what you are doing is very brave!  But I think it will pay off for you so so so much in the long run.  I have tried some relationships while being an addict and once after detox and I am truly just not ready.  I need to come to terms with who I am and what I want out of life.  Following an addiction, there is usually so much turmoil and so many pieces to pick up that it almost seems unfair to bring someone else into it.  At least that is the way I see it.
I cared a lot about one guy I was seeing too but I know it is better for both of us to set him free.  Plus a new relationship or any love relationship can be very stressful and stirs up a lot of emotions.  As an addict, I hate emotions, which is one more reason why I can't be in a relationship right now.
Helpful - 0
You should do whatever you need to do that will help. Although you might get depressed over the loss, just remember why you did it. If you get too depressed just post here. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.