Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
196784 tn?1194156461

HELP ME!! 53 hours c/t

Hi my name is Sarah I am a 25 year old new mother, and wife.  I became addicted to vicodin/percocet/o.c's after having a c-section and back problems for a little over  year now.  I tapered down for about a month, my husband was dispensing the meds to me.  I went from taking 14 7.5's a day to 3 10 mgs a day.  I took my last vicodin at 10:00am Friday.  I am feeling withdrawls, no energy, restlessness, moodieness, etc.  My mental state is very weak.  I took this next week off of work to finis getting through the withdrawl process.  Mentally, I just cant imagine getting up next Monday morning with no vicodin and imagine getting through that day.  I feel like vicodin is a cure all drug when in fact at 25 years old I could barely get through work, and get home to lay down with taking several vicodin a day.  I dont know, my husband is a good man he just dosent really know how to mentally support me right now.  I need a pep talk, how long is this mental hell going to last.  Life will get better right?  I want to be able to enjoy a beautiful day without worrying about how many pills are in my purse.  Geez, I hate those little devils.  Help me!!
Oh, my doc prescribed Clonodine and Immodium.  I also take cymbalta. Any other ideas?
16 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
no u get it from an online natural herb supplement store online. just remember not to overdue it and to use it only for the withdrawel period. if you have made it this long with nothing tho i would juust keep going cause you are almost over the hump with nothing!
Helpful - 0
Does your doctor prescribe that?  Yes, I really don't want to get hooked on something else but if you say you only take a teaspoon full and it takes the withdrawals away maybe I can handle that.  Do you get this through a doctor.  Or is it really hard to get a doctor to prescribe something like this?  Any response is greatly appreciated.  And by the way, congrats on 3 days!!! That's wonderful.  You should be very proud of that accomplishment.  Have a wonderful restful nite and take care.  God bless, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
We are all here for you hon.  Hang in there and remember you are young and more resilient than an older person with years of addiction behind them.  I am personally here checking in every day so feel free to post whenever you need to.  There a ton of wonderful people here all going through this.  Think of your child and be strong.  You wrote this is your post "I just cant imagine getting up next Monday morning with no vicodin and imagine getting through that day."  Well, don't think of it as a whole day but hour by hour or minute by minute.  You have to take baby steps and hang in there for yourself and your family.  I wish you the very best of luck.
Peete
Helpful - 0
You can ride on the coattails of Avis & I --it helps. Avis is three days ahead of me and all of her posts are like a Crystal Ball for me...and that gives me hope cuz every day so far it has gotten easier and easier.

Join us!

Athena

--That okay with you Avis? LOL!
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
Athena, I am glad to help any way I can
Avis
Helpful - 0
all I can say is you go girl I had to go to a methadone clinic to be detoxed I want to go cold turkey but I am so chicken chit So admire you and you give me courage if you can it maybe I can .
Helpful - 0
                   Welcome to the, "Hydro Hotel"
Where we aim to make your stay as comfotable as possible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Room service is open 24 hours.
-Hotel Dress Attire: The most comfortable PJ's you have.
(You will have lots of friends wearing their best PJ's, so don't laugh if they are wearing their favorite Yellow Ducky comfies.) LOL
-The Bar is now open for Happy Hour! Drink Specials: Immodium Chasers, Pepto Tonics, and M.O.M. Mary's.  Two for One!
-For the restless, late night Owls, We are playing in in our theater;  allnight Movies of The Mask and Dumb and Dumber.
-Please check out our new spa. We just installed a new Jacuzzi for all those who want to rest those aches and pains.
-And please enjoy our feathered down beds.

-Your money is no good here so please enjoy your stay!

We are here for you for those who need it.

Love

Choo

Hey I want to go, sound good A?  I'll be the comic relief, you can throw tomatos, i can handle it!

LOL

Helpful - 0
196784 tn?1194156461
Your words have made me sit here for a few just crying, watching my one year old some look up at me as I hold me as he eats his bottle.  What am I do?  Why am I worried about these pills helping me through the day? I am just distressed mentally.  Your words have helped me, thank you.  Does anyone have any thoughts on suboxene?  And why is it SO hard to find a doctor to prescribe it?  
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
hiyas, athena and hubby said it very well ,take it min by min ,hour by hour,day by day and it all adds up .I am on day ten and doing great , I remember when I was on day 2 thinking day 5 was soooo far away but before you know your there and then to day seven and so on .I found myself laughing today and having a good time what a great feeling I have missed that . Take it day by day post as much as ya need we are all here for ya ,
Avis
Helpful - 0
196784 tn?1194156461
thank you so much, your words are doing more for me then anything right now.  
Helpful - 0
Welcome and congratulations on your decision to get your freedom back.  I am on day 4 w/o viks and I feel much better today than on day one or two.  In fact, Thurs. seems like weeks ago.  Remember this...............it is temporary (the withdrawals) and will pass.  It does get better.  I can't offer any better advice than the good folks who already have, I am pretty new around here although have been reading posts since last wednesday.  You are in my prayers as are all of us.
Helpful - 0
You are making such a great decision!! I wish I would have quit when my son was 1 because I could have given him a whole extra year of having a non-addict mommy.  Your child will never ever have to know you had this problem and won't even be aware of your suffering through w/d's and what not!  Your child will never have to remember you as an active addict!!!  That is something to smile about, right?!?
I won't sugarcoat, the w/d's suck but the hardest part BY FAR is the mental/emotional aftermath.  It is really good that you are on an antidepressant, it should help take the edge off.
I'll be here if you ever want to talk.  Also, my email is ***@****.  Please email me anytime if you want to talk or vent or need some comfort...I'll be here for you!!!
Julie
Helpful - 0
hi  i am not sure were to start  my first perscoet 20 years ago,god it seems like yesterday.now my drug of choise has coast me my wife who i think of every day of my life.My three boys,i have to stop and wipe the tears from my eyes,can't see to type. I wont go in to the 20 years i put in to my busniess i worked at day and night.the drugs have coast me everything. For years i did not tell any one about my drug addiction,i used alone,i was 165 lbs.Life for me was my next perc.But then one day my wonderful wife no,my exwife found out.She helped me, got me in detox,the dr. was great i could not tell i had detoixed. this went one for years ,she could not help me,no one could.The drugs coast me everything, her  my kids my life.What i am trying to tell you is no matter what  or how long it takes kick kick kick now. Every day it will get better,or worse it is up to you.It can be done you can stop it is not easy,but the other is a long slow road to a living hell.There is no easy way out,but it can be done so please if not for your self then your child stop.Suffer a week, two a mounth.Or like my self 20 years. oh yeah about the methdone ha ha ha, i am now in the grip of the methdone addiction.Some how ,some way i am going to stop i am trying 20 years later.
Helpful - 0
i have been on percs for 7 yrs. numerous attempts at quitting. i am now attempting again-third day. i am telling you i don't know how open u are to these things, but i am taking small amounts of the herb kratom throughout the day. i have NO withdrawl whatsoever. NONE. and i mean NONE. NOTHING. it is a godsend. it is "controversial" i suppose because supposedly if u take enough of it u can get high like opiates but, good grief, i mean i can't imagine how much one would have to take for that to happen, it would have to be a lot. yuck. it tastes awful and i can;t imagine anyone being able to injest that much. just a half a teaspoon every 4-6 hours is plenty for me. i have no plans to take it except for seven to ten days for the extremely bad withdrawl since i have also researched one can get hooked on it too. a person can get hooked on anything though. this is a life saver for me. i have just continued my life like i never stopped the percs at all!
Helpful - 0
Don't think about tomorrow,think about the beautiful day. Take it one moment at a time, Right here, right now! Breathin the fresh air, feel the warmth of the sun. Don't think to much, you just make it more complex. Eat when you are hungry, sleep when tired, hot bath and candles, when you feel restless, and mind numbing, stupid movies and come to This board, as there is alot of good people who want to help, and before you know it..You Will be posting, " Well today is Day..... and I am feeling so much better". So pick yourself up and take a walk, look at all the neighbors doing their Sunday activities, I always think thats cool to see what different peple are doing.  

Stay strong, replace the negative thoughts with positive thoughts, even though you might not believe them, but ...watch what happens, just keep feeding the mind positive stuff!

Choo

CT, ALOT of pain pills for a year. Today I am .....37 Days
Helpful - 0
Hello dear, welcome.

For now don't worry about next Monday. But if it helps, I am on Day #7 of a very similar withdrawl, and life couldn't be more different today than it was a week ago. So don't worry.

Yes, being addicted to these devils is life-altering. You were on a path toward losing everything that's important to you, so you made a very wise decision to get out before things REALLY begin to crumble. There are no good endings for people that stay hooked.

I won't lie, it will be rough. Remeber it well, so if a vicodin ever looks appealing in the future, you'll know that just one will never satisfy you, and your likely to end up right back here again, doing the horrible w/d again.

Great, you took a week off. Smart lady. Do you have a heating pad? Mine was invaluable. As soon as your GI distress fades, try to eat. Your body needs calories. You are going to get "over the hump" soon--for me that was Day#4. Take warm baths. If you have insomnia, don't layin bed watching the time tick away--get up and read or watch tv until you sleep again. EWatch movies, have a really good book on hand.  Try to get outside for some fresh air every day. It really helps.

I'm sure many more folks have lots of great info for you, too.

Congratulations on moving toward a better life. We are all here because we, too, want our lives back. We're all in this together. Let me know if I can do anything.

Warmest Regards,

--Athena
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.