Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

The Bondage of Addiction

Today I choose freedom over the bondage of addiction.

Day #8 for me, after a failed taper then c/t off asst. pain killers & benzos.

A big thanks to everyone on here who has helped me, and that includes EVERYONE posting about their struggles with addiction...even the ridiculous controversies have kept me reading, which, even though I've been appalled at times, I've come to recognize they've kept me occupied and away from thoughts of using (the rewards of this forum come in many surprising packages!)...

A special thanks to Lil Rab, Marce, Mariyah, Avis, Fladdict; You all have particularly helped and inspired me from the Get-Go. There are more of you no doubt, but these folks come to mind at the moment...

Blessings to You All,

--Athena

PS. I had a rough day yesterday and binged all daylong BIG TIME on a truckload of candy--laid all day on my couch watching bad TV, had crazy thoughts all day, felt sorry for myself, BUT DID NOT USE!  Best of all, today feels TOTALLY different....It's true, that saying: "This Too Shall Pass". Thank Goodness.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
199177 tn?1490498534
athena,
Hun, I am sooo proud of you you are doing great > It must have been great to get thru a crappy day without using , even if ya had to eat your weight in candy LOL. We just kind of have to learn how to change are mindsets i bit .
One day at a time
Avis
Helpful - 0
Girl, way to go to you! I tell you, the more I hear of people successfully getting through this brings on all the more hope.

Thank you for sharing this, and a huge congrats on your choosing to be clean, and staying clean. It can only get better from here for you.

Huggs and many blessings to you

Tracy
Helpful - 0
You are such a sweethart.  I'm so glad u are gettin' through this.  You have went through so much to get to this point and I just wanted you to know that I am so very proud of you!!!!  You give me hope.  You are doing awesome!!!  Damn, wish I was at day 8 lol... ttyl girlie.  Luvs ya bunches, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.