Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

male or female?

Hi ya'll,

Hey this has nothing to do with drug addiction but just something I was curious about.

When you are reading these posts (and do not know the poster personally) do you kind of get an image in your head or whether they are male or female?  For example, for some reason when I would read from "creek" or "nomas", I would picture creek being male and nomas being female.  Now, I see I am wrong on both counts.  I just thought it was kind of weird how people do that, get an image in their mind for no particular reason.  

Oh well, guess I had better stop screwing around and get to work.  Hope you have all had a good day and oh I did notice one good thing from reading today - looks like Nomas may be gone for good?  Actually, I am sure when he (I started to say she) gets back from his meeting, he will be back "sharing".

Love, Cindy
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey girlie!!!  Haven't seen ya in a while.  Was actually wonderin' this morning about ya.  Was thinkin' to myself "haven't seen grieving in a while, wonder what she's doin'" lol.  How ya been doin'?  My little one has been sick throwin up, diarrhea, fever all day since around 1am.  Needless to say I didn't hardly get any sleep.  She must've thrown up prolly every 20 to 30 minutes.  I had to give her a bath one time around 4am.  Won't get into it but I'm sure you can figure out why lol.  

And yes, I agree with ya there.  I do sometimes wonder if they are male or female.  Sometimes when I read a thread, I think they are a female, then when I find out later they are male or visa versa, it's like "wow, oops been thinking all along they were female" lol.  Didn't see that one comin' when all along I thought Nomas was female and found out later he was male, yikes lol.  

Well, I hope you have a wonderful restful nite, thinking of you, luvs, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Well, I did have you pegged from the beginning - could tell right away that you were a female - probably because of your intelligence!

Sorry to hear about your sick kid - nothing worse than a sick child, especially when they are throwing up, etc. etc.  My 5-year-old granddaughter just spent a couple of weeks with me and I had to take her to the ER, had fever, sore throat, etc.  Well, hopefully, it was just a 24-hour thing for ya'll and the worst is over.

I go to the doctor tomorrow to get my refills on my meds.  Maybe this will be the last time, I don't know.  At least it is something that is on my mind all the time now.  I believe I am closer than I have been in a long time to making the final decision to "just do it and get it over with".  I still think I may do the rehab thing though instead of cold turkey, if my insurance will pay that is.  I do want to have the lap band surgery soon and may get that over with first since I will be needing pain medication at that time.

Well, need to get back to work.  Hope your household is getting back to normal.

Love, Cindy
Helpful - 0
I really appreciate that.  Yeah, I think she's gettin' better.  She hasn't thrown up in the last hour and it was every 30 minutes or so.  She hasn't went diarrhea for the past 2 hours so that is a good sign.  

I think that waiting til you get that surgery would be a very good idea.  It would really suck to get it over with c/t then have to start all over again after the surgery.  Ugh, that would totally suck.  Good luck in that.  I support you no matter what you decide.  :)

Ttyl... I'll be praying and thinking of you, Luvs, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
I usually get a picture in my head of who everyone is. I knew Nomas was a male, but I thought creek was a male too. I think you usually can tell, though, by the way someone talks, if they are male or female. Come to think of it though, Nomas is kind of whiny. But I knew he was a male.
Helpful - 0
That's why I said what I said about nomas... thought he was kindof whiny lol... lol cya later leeleeeee... ttyl girlie hubby's home now... have a good nite and take care god bless, luvs ya, lil.
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
In my case neither male or female , Car rental place !!!! LOL
I do the same thing I see a name to deside man or women not that I am right all that often .
have a great night
mrs avis car rental place
Helpful - 0
You are all correct about Nomas being whiny - that is obviously why I assumed he was a female.  I hate to talk about females being whiny since I am one, but they really do have a tendency to be that way.  The only thing worse than a whiny female would be a "whiny male"; just imagine what it would be like to be married to him - supposed we should just thank God we aren't.

I did have avisg pegged as "one of us", least I got that one right!
Helpful - 0
Whiny and intelligent, that is! Woohooo! I am glad that I am a woman :) Thank goodness! (no offense guys!)
Helpful - 0
you guys are wonderful thx for the laughter lol... have a good nite.. luvs ya, lil.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.