Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Two questions regarding dependancy(and posting!)

Two quick questions-

1) is there a time frame between when I open a thread and when its closed? I only ask because I logged into the thread I started and it said closed to new comments.

2) For anyone who has a better understanding of this than I do.... I am currently clean of everything, have been for a couple weeks now and the withdrawals are all but gone. I got lucky, they werent as bad as I expected. My question is- my back STILL flares up to the point where I cant function at times, maybe twice a week or so. that being said- if I do take a lortab- once or twice a week (I have the willpower for it, I know as much or I'd never consider it- which is why I was able to quit initially) when it gets bad- I wont still suffer from withdrawals will I ? Unless I constantly take them, right? And then stop again? Or am I mistaken?

Its getting much better and I think another few months it will be back to normal... but until then, there are just days i CANNOT deal with it w just chewing on Motrin and taking hot showers.

Thanks!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What is a thread on here?
Helpful - 0
u shouldnt get hook off of a few but i dont think it will touch your pain i have suggested to others to ask their dr.'s for licoderm patches they work great and you can leave them on for 12 hours
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
1.  Threads seem to remain active for about a week.  However, even something at the bottom of the day's posting is likely not to be noticed by many.  If it's on a prior day's (see the little "select page [1] [2] [3]," etc. at the bottom) it almost never gets noticed.

2.  You shouldn't get WD from an occassional tab.  If you can actually keep it to one or two a week, you should be OK.  However, I am very wary of will power.  I used to be able to use now and then and I KNEW that I had strong will power, because I gave up a 12 year drinking habit that was a doozy -- got me sent to USMC alcohol education when I was 19, had me in the hospital by 22, arrested 4 times for drunk in public and 3 times for DUI by age 27.  But there came a day WHEN EVERYTHING CHANGED - when you flip that switch, will power is pretty much a dead circuit.

3.  I assume you're a Marine (current or former) - Semper Fi!  I was only in for 2 years - got out early after my back got AFU in a flight line accident at MCAS Cherry Point.  

Interestingly enough, I was at Parris Island just last Friday as a side trip to the spring break trip to SC.  Took two of my kids to see a graduation and just look around at where there dad was oh so many years ago.  It was a trip to go back out to the Rifle Range - I have been back to mainside several times over the years, but this was my first trip to the RR in 30 years.  I'm glad I was there  -- back then and Friday too.

Anyway, be careful with those tabs - I'm telling you the bastards can really sneak up
Helpful - 0
Well the bottom line is I stopped initially because I didnt want to get to the point where alot of people get to.. not saying that makes me better, far from it, I'm just trying to stay away from getting too hooked- so I let my system flush, its been a few weeks, and I was considering what I mentioned earlier. I've only got a few left anyways, so I was just considering taking them, or even a half, during a flare up, as it does in all honesty help. I've tried mobic. and the odd thing is, i've never gotten a euphoric rush from Lortab so maybe in a way, thats good, it'll make it easier for me to only do them periodically.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.