Aa
A
A
A
Close
199177 tn?1490498534

12 days down

good morning everyone,
I quit 12 days ago, things are moving right along .I still have sleep problems last night I fell asleep then two hour later I woke up with an over whelming need for suger (not sure what that is about ) I took a quick bath and went back to bed.I get worn down alot durning the day. I do miss the energy of my pills but I am dealing with it  day by day .Just trying to look forward
Avis
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
186166 tn?1385259382
good morning avis...i didn't realize it had been 12 days already...AWESOME!   i know that the "more exercise" i get...the more energy i have all around.  don't know if you walk any but that would be wonderful for you phusically AND mentally.  it will also help you sleep better...just a suggestion :)  keep that mindset strong and you will soon have the life that you are striving for...clean!

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
Thank you ,
Thank you for the good wishes , I do walk and lift weights,  eat healthy .I think its just going to take time. It has gotten better ,I  think I got into a habit take the magic pill you will feel great and have lots of energy .so I have to deal with the fact that there is really no magic pill takes time and work to feel good again . have a great day
Avis
Helpful - 0
You may not get your energy back till around the one month point. I know that I felt drained for a full month. Now, I am back to working out and running several miles at the gym. I feel better than I have felt in years and I'm no spring chicken (40 and fabulous, hahaha) You will feel better than you did on the pills just give it time. You are doing GREAT!!!!
Helpful - 0
Are you taking anything like Vitamin B or energy drinks? I still am taking EmergenC (powdered vitamin drink) I love it and i believe it really helps!  You are doing great and the energy will come back!  Stay strong and just take it one day at a time! You are getting back to who you want to be!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
Thank you for the good wishes ,
I know it will come back and the working out is great for me , I went from 129 to about 155 on the meds so I am all for the working out . I am taking vitimans 5htp and L tyrosine I know it will come back , did anyone crave suger when they first stopped useing cuz that just wakes me right up in the middle of the night very odd
Avis
Helpful - 0
Hooray! I'm right behind you, girl.

The sugar craving is physiological, i believe. nuerological, specifically. not sure if I can explain it--it's a bit like the change in libido. The pills interacted with the "Pleasure Center" of the brain....the part of the brain that deals w/sex, drugs, food (esp. sugar) so when we deny it opiates, it wants something else. I'm not an expert on it, so i reserve the right to be a bit off on that, but i think it's fairly correct.

Remember that the energy we thought we got from the pills was an illusion in the end. By the time I was done with them, they no longer gave me energy. Usually that's the case for many. I think I was just chasing that high I used to get when I first started....the one that gave me energy, made me confident, smart, talkative, calm, energetic, engaging, etc. but once I moved from use to abuse (it wasn't long for me) that great feeling became more and more illusive, until they had the exact oppostite effect: I became withdrawn, foggy-headed, lazy, anti-social, and all I could think about were the pills. What a waste of life, eh?

You are doing so well. Thank you for continuing to inspire me!

All the Best,

--AThena
Helpful - 0
I did and do crave sugar or pretty much anything, hehehe. I stay on a pretty strict diet. I find that eating a piece of fruit like banana or grapes helps that. I don't think it has much to do with WD I've always loved a good piece of chocolate
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
athena, thank you for the post , you said alot of things i needed to hear. I went very much thru the same process form good high to always trying to get high . In the end I was withdrawn  and lazy . I so know this is a day to day process and today was my feel sorry for myself day ,hehehe I think we all have them . You are doing great as well .How are you feeling today ? are you ready for the big party ? How are things with hubby
Avis
Helpful - 0
Yeah I miss the energy boost espeically at work, I would pop 4 or 5. talk there ears off and be runnin food , takin orders , just spinnin around , now on methadone and fightin to keep my eyes open.  I do want to go to those dayz were I got that warm fuzzy feelin and all the energy. oooo good job on the 12 dayz AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
Thank you for the good wishes
I guess what we have to remember is after the warm and fuzzy leaves what are we left with . these pills ruin familys and lifes at least we are on the right track
One day at a time
Avis :)
Helpful - 0
I want you to know that you are doing AWESOME!!! 12 days?  Wow, that is huge.  After a couple of days you can say, "i've been clean for weeks" lol... not "days" and that my friend is a very big accomplishment!!!  I wish you all the luck and support that you so deserve.  I'm so proud of you!!  Take care and have a wonderful day.  Thinking of you, Luv, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
lil, thanks so much what a sweet post ,yes I will be happy when i can say weeks LOL I am here for you as well if ya ever should need me
Avis
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.