Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
186166 tn?1385259382

good morning all

my prayer for you this day is that each and every one of you will somehow find peace.  you are all such wonderful ppl...here for a common goal...struggling...striving...taking it one day at a time...putting one foot in front of the other.  it doesn't matter how you get there...as long as you get there.  please don't give up the battle...the war can be won...you can conquer all.  
i pray that this forum will return to a place of peace and comfort for those that have been here for a while and for those who are new.  everyone should be here for one thing and one thing only...support...whether that is to give OR receive.  one common goal...to claim their life back...to become the same person...mother...father...husband...wife...son...and daughter that they once were.  
i pray that each of you will find your own way...whatever that may be and have the capacity to share your lessons learned for others to pull from.  never stop giving to others...you may change someones life without ever knowing it...i know that my life has been changed from developing friendships and pulling strength from many ppl here...and i thank you for that.
my prayer is for...you!

huggs to all,
kim
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey Hall Monitor!!!!!!!! LOL You have a great time at the beach today and pamper yourself. I was just catching up on posts....that was so great to hear from your son Christian!  Please tell him how proud I am of him for doing that for you.....couldn't have asked for a better BD present!  

Anyway....I'm going to take a break from here today! Too much BS going on and this tragedy at VA tech has turned my head and I will not sit here and complain and get caught up in any drama today....too many families out there that are hurting for their children right now...it makes me sick to my stomach! I do pray for everyone that truly needs the strength and help to get through this struggle, please put look at the positives in your life and focus on that if you can! I know it can be difficult but there is so much suffering in this world, and we are the only one's that can make it better for ourselves!  

Those of you on this forum with less than genuine motives...you know who you are...please think about how you are hurting those who truly need the help....look in the mirror and be honest with yourself.....and with those that are here seeking some guidance and true compassion...this is not fair to them!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the wonderful post, such a post is exactly the kind of post that makes this forum a great place to be - it truly warmed my heart and gives me hope that I can beat this addiction thing with the support of all you guys. Thank you so much.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
199177 tn?1490498534
your both have very good posts have a great day
Avis
Helpful - 0
I understand completely - it is a terrible terrible thing that has happened - and it puts things in perspective (even though it doesn't change the fact that many of us are struggling with our dependency problems, which are very real to us - you know - you have been there). But I do understand. I really hope that you will come back in a while, and if not I wish you the very best, you have been a shining example for us that it can be done. You will be missed very much.
Minnie  
Helpful - 0
Lovely post. Thanks Lizzie.

The VA Tech has me quite worked up as well. I spent a month on that campus 20 years ago, so I am able to visualize it in my mind. what a tragedy; so many lives affected...mothers, fathers, sister, brothers, students, classmates, oh what a mess. all those affected need our collective prayers.
--Athena
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much for that wonderful post.  I needed that desperately.  With my little one being so sick the past 2 days, I've been so tempted to take more.  My hubby left the bottle on the counter on accident this morning and OMG what a challenge.  I've been good so far buttttt.....

My little girl hasn't thrown up since last nite.  So that's great, but she's still complaining of a bad tummy ache and has a fever of 100.2.  She's gettin better but is taking it's sweet time to get outta her system.  Ugh!!  And I'm sure in a couple of days the other 2 children are going to be goin' through the same thing.  Whahhhhhh... calgon? take me awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy........... lol.  I actually wish I had some of that stuff.  Taking a hot calgon bath sounds very nice to me right about now lol.. Do they even still make that stuff? lol.

I hope you have a wonderful time at the beach and IM me when ya get back girlie.  I'll ttyl god bless u and Christian (he's such a sweetie) Luvs ya'll, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.