Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How long will loracet remain in the system for?

I have taken 3 loracet given to me by a friend today as i have been ill.  I am on probation and have a drug test on the 26th of april.  I have heard typically the detox is anywhere from 3-7 days.  My question is if i go in on the 26th will the drug be out of my system?  Any help would be appreciated as i would not like to have something that was given to me put me in any legal trouble.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
your test has already past but i'm possitive it take only 72 hours even less if you flush your system out by drinking a lot of water or a shot of vinger a day it will be completly out in 50 to 60 hours
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
First it depends on which type of lorcet you took. There are 10/650 (brand name is small pink tablet made by the watson pharmaceutical co.) which has 10mg hydrocodone and 650mg. acetaminophen (tylenol) the other is the same as vicodin 750's just with 100mg less tylenol. Also made by watson 7.5mg. hydrocodone and 650mg tylenol. The first might have a longer half life just depending. The average plasma half life ( half the time a chemical takes to be metabolized and leave the body) is 3.8 hours. Most opiates like morphine, codeine, and heroin are detected up to 2 days after taking the drug in urine, up to 90 days on hair, and 6 hours in blood except for codeine which can be detected up to 12 hours after. NIDA, however, legally prohibits the reporting of the 3 metabolites of hydrocodone. Even though it is derived from thabine and codeine the body breaks it down into different metabolites than those of cedeine. Pushing a lot of water helps a lot but a spa or sauna could help also just remember that it is excreted in urine through the liver and kidneys. If you take hydrocodone the day of it will take up to 6 hours before the metabolites show up in your urine. Let me know if you need anything else. I hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
I don't know for a fact or anything but I was just told so I don't know how true it is.  I was told that opiates stay in your system for 3 days.  Do not quote me on that.  I hope it helped some though.  Good luck, Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
I appreciate the responses from you and the others.  the ones i got were blue m361's which i was told were generic.  I will be taking a urine test.  But it seems like i should be in the clear.  I'll be sure to let you guys know what happened concerning that.  it seems like 2-7 days seems to be what im looking at for it to leave my system.  Thanks again for the help :)
Helpful - 0
Hey, this is definitely not fact, but just my experience:  I took one Lorcet on a Sunday, had a drug test for employment on Tuesday, and it did not show up. But, that was many years ago, and the testing is probably more extensive.  Good Luck - I know it is an extremely anxious situation.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.