Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hi All

It is great coming here and having everyone be so supportive.  I know I have a problem and want to do something, but the problem is I do not.........The next step is to actually start getting off the pills.  I have literally been attempting for two years.  I mean I could go on like this forever if my doc keeps giving me the scripts.  I find it easier to just take the damn pills then to try to get off, but I know my days are numbered and my doc will not keep giving me the scripts.  His understanding and patience only goes so far and I do not want to doc shop for pills.  I actually wrote my doc a letter to ask him to just keep bearing with me until I can gather up the courage to quit, but not sure he is gonna buy it.  I truly in my heart want to stop, but doing it is a whole nother story.  If I could even get down to two a day vs. the six, I would be happy with that for awhile.  Anyway, you guys are truly wonderful people and I am glad you are all here.

Have a great evening.  PS - this is not like a chat room, so once you post, do you just wait for responses?  I wish it was more like a chat room.  I am brand new to any kind of forum so just curious.  Looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
192332 tn?1189755828
You have made the first step!Thas is you want to quit this poison.Everyone has their own time.and method.Keep reading the success storys and posting.Hang in there and be positive.God Bless......Bruce
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
It's good to make the decision of quitting, but it's also very hard to actually take that first big step of positive action. Personally, I'm stopping fentanyl patches by tapering and I'm do ok. I have bad days and good days but it's working for me.

I wish you luck,
Take Care.....LS
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.