Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Help for RLS

I've just heard of a new med for RLS so I thought I would post it.  It's called requip and I guess it is supposed to be very good.  I hope this helps some people struggling with RLS.
Peete
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Cure? No, I wont make THAT claim, but I do want to share our experience. My wife has had RLS for a few years. She has some relief with a VERY expensive medicine. About a week ago I applied our vibrator to her lumbar vertabrae while she sat on the sofa, about 4-5 inches above the sofa cushion. Within 10 minutes the restlessness was gone and it didn't return that night. A few days later I tried it again, same result, and a few days later, for the third time.... it worked just like the first time. I have to call this a painless, cheap, reliable fix for my wife. I believe her RLS is due to lumbar vertabrae that are pinching nerves. she had lumbar surgery a few years ago that was succesful, then... developed new stenosis above the site of her surgery. I hope this helps someone.
Helpful - 0
that's too funny - well, not really!!  Why don't docs know more about what they dole out.

Peete- thanks for the info.  All info will help someone!

goodnight and thanks, M
Helpful - 0
yes but Psych dr has to prescribe supposedly. I've been using Hylands Restful Leg and it works ok. At least it is over the counter. My nana has RLS too and guess what the Dr gave her...Vicodin to take every night before bed.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.