Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

anchorman 10 and others

i went to local sub abuse today and met really nice councler,she has worked in methdone center before. She sugested i call dr. who is methdone dr. which i have done have appt. for 1st week of may. also said i could go cold turkey in rehab, god i do not want to do that. anchorman 10 ,i  honestly after many many years of abuse think if i can get off i will be all right . I know i would not use today that i am sure of. In fact i have sort of got a life it is not much of one but it is much better than when i was running the roads and did not want to help myself. i am at 80 ml now down from a high of 180ml last year. What about rapid detox what are your thoughts.  I have to tell you the thought of week after week of post detox. its like god please help me i cant no i dont want to go through that again. once it took me 4 mounths to not hurt my WD last a long long time. My drug of choise is perscoet. please anything you can tell me, thank you tobbs
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
yes i have gone c.t . once i was tossed in jail,i was useing around 40 perscocet a day. for a couple of years. perc are my drug of choise. I think i did perc. for around 10 years in the time i went c.t. once or twice, i think i was in hospital detox maybe 3 times.Getting ahead of my self. The time i went c.t. i was in jail around 5 or 6 days when i got out they took be straight to hospital stayed there maybe 3 days  then in to rehaib for ,i forget 2 or 3 weeks. I used perc for 10 years then they started comeing out with the oxecytion. I went from perc to oxcy, herion ,delionet. AS u see i still cant spell but i think u get message. IN this time frame  i lost everything that makes life worth liveing,my wife, my home ,my kids,my job and i must say i made a lot of money some were around 200 a year.In this time i had to do some time in jail.Came home  at this time in my life i was broke so i lived life of street junkie for 3 or 4 years my habbit was so much i could not stay UN SICK. So 4 years ago i went to methdone clinic oh there is a lot more in these years of hell.  I will say the clinic has given me a chance to live again ,to get some kid of life. My ex-wife is a wonderful person every day of my life i cry i mean the tears roll out of my eyes. now my dose is low so i am crying a lot more. But any way i am going to detox one way or other. in, out . what ever it takes. i do have 11:00 apt with mental health today so i am trying. also i am talking a lot here. gotta go now
Helpful - 0
There is a post below that references rapid detox and says BAD BAD BAD.  I don't personally know but I will find the post for you and who wrote it.  As far as methadone, why did they suggest that vs. Suboxone?  I was just wondering b/c we had talked about both.  I know anchorman had a lot of good comments on both sides and Im glad he/she posted and was helpful.  

Just wanted to wish you good luck and thanks for posting your progress.  You have made such a HUGE step towards a better life.  It's really the most important step you'll take.  I found that it determined which way I would head for the rest of my life.  Glad we made the right choice, hu?

Talk to you soon.

love, M
Helpful - 0
You have gone c.T before?
Sorry just want to be clear..

Detox isnt pleasent no matter how you cut it.....even I tried a taper adn the less I used and the less often the days got better...I made it thru 3 weeks yet to find myself going back....

Yet somethings have helped me...I drink alot of water, green teas, I take vitmins and supplemetns alot of juices. I go for walks and stuff too and do a light weights to help me out....

I think active moving for your body is good, I think that if you take care of your body thru your worst you will be a bit better off, your body is going thru a huge adjustment  having to do it all again....so it takes time...

Hang in there and WElcome
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.