Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

About me...Contined

It contains hydrocodone. Liquid Heaven! It was so much better than pills. I guess that's what finally hooked me. Again though, the withdrawals were not really bad. Last May I had my thyroid removed because of thyroid cancer. Again, I had all the pain meds I needed. Lorocet 10's to be exact. I found that I could do anything. I had remarried and felt they gave me the energy to be a "good wife". They also helped me get through a day of 22 fifth graders. I could teach better than ever. I realized I had a problem when I started stealing pills from my mom, who had just had a knee replacement. I also took pills from other family members. My aunt asked me one day if I'd took any of her meds. Of course, I lied, and she knew it. I felt so ashamed. I assured her that I didn't have a problem. Lately, I've stolen money from my husband, father, and mother to buy pills. When you start buying them, you know you're addicted. I have paid as little as $5 to as much as $7 for Lorocet 10-s. I have probably spent about $600.00 in the last six months. I feel dirty, ashamed, miserable, helpless, alone...and every other emotion you can imagine. I am not a bad person and have never stole or done anything illegal in my life. I was raised in a Christian home and have a wonderfully close family. However, there is no one I can talk to about any of this. My husband holds a very prestigious position in our community and everyone knows him. I really wouldn't feel comfortable talking to my doctor either. Now, are you guys still my friends, or do you think I am a total loser?

4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Its not a easy forum to get used to...
but so you know, that you can post a comment under any thread instead of making a new one..
but IM really glad you did though, Thank you...this just gives others a chance to hear from you Threads get lost way down there sometimes and it changes daily

Im glad you are finding what you are looking for her.e...someoen or alot of ppl are proably here...just lurking and reading......
Some great ppl....

Hope your well..
Happy thoughts and Prayers yourway
C
Helpful - 0
You are not a loser.  You are a human being and you have fumbled as we all do.  Have you decided whether you want to stop taking the meds or not?  If you do we are all here to help you through it.  I myself am working on getting the strength and courage to go off of oxycocet after 3 years.  I know I have a problem and I know I hate wd but I also know that I need to do this.  You will get strength, encouragement and many shoulders to lean on here.  I wish you the best of luck in your recovery.  Post anytime.  Take care.
Peete
Helpful - 0
Wow. SO many similarities. 30 years ago I had my first taste of opiates in a hospital bed after an appendectomy. I t was heaven--I knew I was home. Same thing w/ the cough medicines I was prescribed in college many years ago--HEAVEN!!! It was writtten in the cards early on for me. Two decades later here I am with great big gorilla on my back!

Hey listen, we have all lied and stolen around our addictions. And we are all good people. Please do not feel shamed over this. You can get your life back if you really want it. You've made a huge step by sharing your secret. There is nothing you ccan say here that will shock us.

Are you ready to stop?

All the Best, and Welcome!!

--AThena

Helpful - 0
That sounds like a story that I have heard before.  If you are ready to stop, everyone here can help you.  Are you ready??  I stopped about a month ago, using Suboxone, and having my life back is such a dream.  I am also a teacher, special education, and these little demons helped me to be a super teacher, super mom and super friend and wife - for a little while, anyway.  After a few months, it made me a blob.  
I am sorry that you feel so bad about yourself.  Don't beat yourself up!!  All of us have made this mistake during our addiction.  Stealing, lying, and turning into complete strangers is a very sad part of this problem.  However, you can turn all of this around.  Do you feel comfortable telling your husband, or does he know?  It's hard when there is no one around to help - however you decide to do this.

Know that we will be here to listen, whatever decision you make.  Quitting would be a lifesaving one!!

Good luck!
Sincerest Wishes,
M
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.