Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hydroodone withdrawls

I have been taking hydrocodone for almost 9 years.  I am down to 2 to 3 a day.  If i take any less, i get severe burning in my body and sweaty.  The burning is the hardest part and i also feel such pain and severe weakness.  I cant stand these withdrawls and have failed to get off of this horrible drug because of the withdrawls.  I never took drugs in my life.. it all started with a knee surgery, but i followed the doc's directions.. but a few years later i went thru a horrible thing.  my husband at 28 years old, broke his back and had to have a rod placed in his back.  he now suffers everyday since and has permanent nerve damage and other problems.. well, what really happenend to me is when he first got sick i did a stupid thing and was curious about what his medicine made him feel like, so i took a few to see. he was taking norce.  Then the next thing that happend is what changed my whole life, i became addicted to vicodine and norco.. whatever i could get.  i lived for 30 years without ever being addicted to any drug.  couriosity is how my addiction started.  it is now almost 9 years later and i am still struggling to get off it.. i have aged so much cause of this drug.  i only take the 2 to 3 a day and i still go thru some pretty heavy withdrawls.  im so afraid to ask a doc for help.  i also suffer from bi polar disorder, or so they say thats what it is.. i sometimes think its the drug that makes me go thru the symptoms of bi polar disorder.  i dont know anymore.  i am always tired!!!  i cant even work.  i have tried to get off this drug, but cant do the withdrawls.  my daughter does not know about it, and that makes it harder for me to get off it cause i dont want her to see me go thru withdrawls.  i just dont know what to do anymore.. i dont know how to get off this drug.  any help would be great.  
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thank you for your support.   its nice to know there are people out there that can care about other human beings.  thank you both.
Helpful - 0
i'm new to this site....i am 28 and had knee surgery about 5 years ago from a ballet injury.....it was all downhill from there...i totally understand what ur going thru..unfortunately i turned to oxys and other things that i feel changed my life forever....i myself am now addicted to norcos......it sux....i can't teach dance now because i can't drag myself out of bed w/o pills......i know there is a light somewhere...don't give up.....ur not alone...
Helpful - 0
Alot of ppl here say that suboxone works. ITs an opiate receptor-blocker-? At least I think its something like that. It numbs the part of your brain that is receptible to opiates like vicodin, percocet, etc.
At least I think that's what it does....I'm sure someone will come and respond with the definite definition of suboxone.
But from what I understand, its veeeeeery expensive...and you have to find a certain doc in your area that prescribes it. But it seems to work for alot of people.
Just hang around the forum for a bit...someone on Suboxone(or knows more about it than I do) will respond to you soon.
:)
Otherwise..there is a 'thomas recipe' and that's here on the forum....scroll down a bit, I think Oxybliss posted it a little while ago under "thomas recipe" so try and look for it. :)

jen
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.