Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Why is it when someone decides to "leave", they always have to post it, announcing it to everyone?  Then, people post begging them to stay - it is a neverending cycle.  These type of threads also keep us from focusing on what we are supposed to be here for.
15 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't think there is anything wrong with saying Goodbye...that's what Choo did. He said goodbye. ::shrug:::
Helpful - 0
I wish I could say how to fix this forum but I cant,I DO think that if the ones who come here regulerly keep coming and posting positive and helpful posts and if possible identify and ignore the troublemakers theyll go away. Since were online others will come and go but how long the crazys stay is up to how long they can get a response.In na its suggested you get a home group where you feel COMFORTABLE shareing and attend regularly,,this IS a homegroup to alot of you and should be respected as such. I go to other na meetings and dont always agree with or like the way things are done but I have to respect that group. Because its a program where you actually see the people in meetings I dont think ( I know ) I"ve never seen some of the things I"ve seen/read here. Probably because people like ,,,well fill in the blanks,lol,,would never have the balls ( sry ) to say those things in person,,as far as all this changing of s/ns,a person with many s/ns and positive posts is better then a person with 1 s/n and a negative post,,its the message NOT the messenger. So I doubt if this will help but I will respect you guys home group TY ,,,ps ,,no,I"m JUST me
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Choo only said good-bye. He didn't blame any one person. If he just left w/o saying anything we would worry. I hope he does change his mind. He has a loving wife that gives him the support he needs, and though I never really "talked" to her, she's involved in his plan for recovery and is very understanding. I wish they both would come back.
Take Care....LS
Helpful - 0
Just wanted to say goodbye to those who have helped my wife and I, Day 40 CT no sub or other BS, don't you say it is time for me to get on with it??

Keep on trying to figure, with your screen name, should i be called, My Uncle and Cousin Died April 4th 2007, in car accident, or Grand mother is dying of alzhymer..And on, Just saying goodbye to my friends and mark my words Sweetie, I wont be here again, good luck w/ yours!  

You have no reason to be here w/ that attitude, You don't even know who you are talking to.  Please don't respond as it won't be read by me!

Female DOg

Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm not sure how to take what you wrote. Did you think I said something bad?? What is wrong with my s/n?? I have has the same one (and it's the only one) since I came to this forum. If I have done something to make you angry and if you think I'm a female dog (yes I know what that is) I'm sorry.

I have never said a bad word to you or about you.
LS
Helpful - 0
Hey, you and your family take care, okay? I know we never really talked that much here, but I am really happy to see a hubby and wife so supportive of one another, as you and your wife are of each other. I hate to see you go, your posts always make me smile..sometimes they make me L O L!!!
But, anyway...I am proud of you for doing so well...and I hope you get a chance to read this before you sign off for good.

jen
Helpful - 0
He was talking to the author of the post...not to us. lol
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Thank God!! I was going crazy trying to figure out what I did wrong. I try not to cause trouble. I have my hands full trying to get off the fentanyl patches. There is no sub and when I'm off I won't be on anything for pain because I don't have any. Fentanyl stole part of my life.
Sorry to unload on you. I think I need sleep. LOL
Take Care....LS
Helpful - 0
I am not sure what you mean when referring to my screen name?  Maybe it is inappropriate, if I had it to do over, I would choose something else.  I would change it now but not sure how to do it.  Sorry that is has offended you.
Helpful - 0
LOL..no problem...when I first read his post, I had to wonder what he meant for a minute, too. But then I realized who he was talking to. You said the same thing I did, though...He wasn't trying to cause drama..He really WAS just saying Goodbye...and I don't think there is anything wrong with that! I would rather he said Goodbye, like he did...then to just disappear. So we agree on that one.  Okay...I need sleep too...lol......Niters, everyone!!!!!!!!

Jen
Helpful - 0
Hey,  got a busy day today, gots to get to sleep, but i am not going to leave u w/ that, Lady S, hun, U are a Sweetie as well as Cinnom. Please don't misinterperate me, as this place has a tendency to do! It was intendended to the first post(on top"Griev").  I love all those who supported my wife and I, and say a Very Big THANK YOU!! And again, " Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve"!!  Really?, Don't U think it's time to Ramble on?!!

I do - I post at 6 months

Thanks

Love and success,

CHOO
Helpful - 0
its okay....as you can see, I told Lady that you weren't talking to us in that post. :)
OKAY...now this is REALLY my last post...I am seeing double I'm so tired! lol
Choo..you go and give your wife BIG hugs from ALL of your friends here, and, give yourself a BIG ol' hug from us, too! :)

You all take care, and God Bless you and your family! :)

jenny
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Sorry I misinterpreted what you were saying and who you were saying it to. I can't help but wish you and your wife would stay and help get the forum back to what it once was if that's even possible. Your humor helped me. We need more than one format. There should be serious times if someone needs that kind of help, laughter to help everyone lighten up a bit, and compassion for everyone. What we don't need is drama. I guess there always will be some but not to the extent we have had lately.
I'm not selfish so if it's in your best interest for you to move on then I wish you and your wife the very best. Not sure if you're on yahoo but my s/n there is LadyConcho if you or your wife ever want to holler a hello.
My heart tells me to let you both go, but my selfishness wants you and your wife to stay. I guess I can't have it all. LOL
Please take care and don't be a stranger.....
The Best from.....LS
Helpful - 0
Dude, I thought you were on the level.......But WTF are interpreting! I Do not understand U, Sorry??

You got issues w/ woman! I happen to have three older sis.

Keep using your big words, 7th grade SAT?? Would u like it better if they talked to you with your big words? Would U be turned on? I've got big words to and I choose not to use them, because In the real world(Fortune 500) have not an interest! They want a straight shooter!
Helpful - 0
You know, that has to be about as low as a person can get, to poke fun at the fact that someone has lost their soul mate.  I hope for your sake that you are not unfortunate enough some day to outlive your wife, but if you do, you will know then what real pain and suffering is. You know, I even posted once how fortunate you and your wife were to have each other and I thought it was sweet the way she defended you.  I'll tell you what, since you think my screen name is inappropriate and maybe it is, I will not post again until I have changed my name - does that make you happy?  I know people here do not like the name changes but I guess I have no choice.

Cindy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.