Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
202563 tn?1192377417

Withdrawl Coming Soon

New To Forum....But I read my story 10 times.....I just went to my Doctor yesterday and told him I am addicted to pills (told him I will get through it myself) but he's there in case I need it.....I have got to quit.....I'm starting Detox as soon as I run out of drugs.....I burnt all my pill bridges ( I Pray) Don't know what to expect but I know I have to do it.......I hate the drug.....I don't even get high anymore and I'm disqusted with myself for letting it get hold.....I will do this!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good for you. We are all in the same boat here. Good luck and keep posting.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
That's a good attitude.  Just dig your feet in and get through the worst of it (maybe 3-5 days) and then things will begin to look brighter.  Hey, but don't beat yourself up for allowing it to take hold.  Many great ppl have done the same - it sux - but you can overcome it!!  good luck and I will be here if you'd like to talk.

Sincerely,
M
Helpful - 0
Yeah, you do have a really good attitude and one of the most important fundamentals in quitting is that you absolutely have to want to do it.  I sounds like you do and that is great!  It is hard, and my best advice is try not to focus too much on the w/d period (probably 3-5 days) because the real battle is staying clean in the future.  
Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Hey, I'm glad you discovered you are not alone. That's one of the many blessings of this site.

I know what you mean about the pills not working anymore.  All that effort to get more and more, all the sacrafices we make (our family, friends, work, pocketbook, health, principles, etc.) and we can't even geet a buzz anymore. Yet we continue to seek it out. If that's not insanity, I don't know what is...

It's a rocky road ahead, I won't lie, but so far worth the effort (for me anyway). I'm at Day #11, c/t off asst. painkillers and benzos. Even at this early stage the life I'm living today is an improvement over the feinding addict I'd become. The people at this site helped me trhough w/d, and we will help you, if you keep posting. Many of us have tips on how to get through it all.

Let us know when you plan to begin, and we'll walk through it with you.

Warmest Regards,

--ATHENA
Helpful - 0
202563 tn?1192377417
Thanks so much all for the kind words....I know I shouldn't dwell on the withdrawl because whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger! but in reality I know its going to suck real bad......there hasn't been a day in a long time I went without this beast and I hate it with all my being......I'll stay on here through the whole thing.......Like I said I haven't started WD yet.....a few more days and I'll be ready mentally and physically to trash this monster! My thoughts are with everyone who is doing it too!  Group Hug for luck? High Five for conquest!
Helpful - 0
I posted in another thread, but I too am new to this site, I found it while trying to find info on Methadone, I have been saying that I am going to quit for ever a month now, well the time has come for me to do it, I quit in September of 06 until December of  06, but I got sucked back into it right around Xmas time, I am an OC addict of the worse kind, I am up to 300 mlgms per day, sometime more, I need all the help I can get, any suggestions? I was planning on using Methadone for a couple of days then tapering off all the way after 6 days or so then, using the Suboxone for a week and slowly tapering off that as well... with some exercise, I tried to start today, but I still have like two days worth of oxy that I can't seem to throw away, So I figure I will start on Saturday when I know I can just lock myself up and go through the ****. I am really glad I found this site, I really need help Yall, I feel so empty inside and full of regret. I know that I can do this, I have done it before and I loved being sober, I don't know what ever encouraged me to come back to the dark side.

Good luck to all of you as well, I am praying for everyone on this site

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.