"Getaway"
Perhaps the light is too dim
Maybe I just can
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
957549 tn?1273722033

Nice imagery..very beautiful
Helpful - 0
Happy you could relate to the poem.  Forgot to mention I wrote it in January 2006, when I was battling a bad tumor pain day, and had a paper to write for a class I was taking.  As for not letting the pain get too bad, you are right, b/c ER visits and IVs aren't any fun. Ironically, migraines have been few and far between for the year and half I was on hydrocodone.  
Helpful - 0
thank you so much for the mini-vacation.  It is always nice to get away even if it's just in my mind.  I love poetry and try to find one to relate to everything that troubles me or makes me happy so please continue if you can.  Hope all is going well with your pain today.  I know you're doing what you can to avoid taking it, but remember don't let the pain get too bad before you make that decision.  It doesn't ever seem to work when "making up"  Good luck and thanks again.

love, M
Helpful - 0
Thank you so very much for the poem.  I love poetry, especially the ones that speak right to your soul like the one you just posted.  Have a wonderful day.  
Peete
Helpful - 0
I can Appreciate this. Nice breath of fresh air. :)

Thank you for sharing.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Social Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
3060903 tn?1398565123
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.