Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
177036 tn?1192286635

My Story

Everytime I write I think why have I not told alllllll!!!!!!!!
Sometimes I think Law Enforcement is here too, and I don't want to be so bold.  Then I realize that they are too envolvelved in other more worthy endevours than little me.... but it has crossed my mind and it has gotten me, more than once, to delete and walk away.

Ah heck, here goes, I'm done anyway.  90 pills in 6 days.  I'm going in there and it's not going to be pretty.  I have to do something.  Sunday last, I wrote about all of this and some clown wrote back saying that he would gladly take the pills off of me........ (sick people here too remember) and well all of this taper down stuff doesn't work.  Tried CT that's hell and well you know the rest.... Thoughts?
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
195648 tn?1231812118
I'm confused.  Are you saying you tried tapering (worked for some but not for me) and c/t?  Or are you saying you're about to go c/t?  Or are you saying you can't go c/t?  Maybe it's me, maybe it's too early...
Hi though...
Helpful - 0
I would taper but thats just me.......it takes a long time ...and you have to be on the ball, but it works,
As long as you change the way you eat, drink more water...Do some of the Thomas REciepe...that sorta thing.......exercise...wds wont be as bad...at least in my books.....

if you have someoen around you taht you trust that can help you with the pills thats even better, if you are alone...well I cant even suggest anything because even I wouldnt know what to do there..

Take alot of these suggestions ppl make....write them down, remind yourself and try them....

hang in there..

C
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Yes, I cannot use the taper, the taper, I just can't seem to do
Helpful - 0
Well some ppl cant...Im sorry to hear that..

Then all I can say now, is your just going to have to go thru the motions.....wds are going to suck but they can be over....without having to pick up pills...
I had to prepare myself mentally more than anything, I do alot of writing...I totally have changed what I eat, and how I eat......My health condition doesnt help so I dont really suggest my diet to anyone...I cant lol eat much to digest it......alot of fruits and veggies though, I can say that...I take alot of vitamins and supplements.......I drink alot of water and green teas.......

I write, write write, I cant say that enough......it really helps with the mental aspect and sometimes I find a persepective there that really helps me in my day.....I have a writing experience actually.....I will mention to you, as I write sometimes I stop and take a break, remember old friends and old places..sometiems I see them, and I think about the party times, the good ones...I wasnt always surrounded by idiots..and I find myself missing them....well I would go into deep thought about it all, then stop myself start writing, and its funny how it came out..it came out like...wow I really miss all that..yet this is the end result you will be if you go back....so my writing has changed and I welcome it....my mind has changed to teling myself the good stuff....I dont beleive half of it..but I fake till I make it...I try to find postive in my life...I try to make time to laugh and relax........I take care of me, while I take care of the things around my life......I do alot..some would say....however, it all helps to some degreee..

Well Fishmeal, I hope some of this helps you!! Take what you need and leave the rest..and keep searching for what works for you!!

Hang in there!!

C
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
I totally get you when you say it's too damn hard to taper. That takes a lot of self control to make yourself only take a certain amount of medication each day and lowering the amount every week or so when you have all this medication right in front of you and you know you can get high by just taking a few more pills. I know of people who I have suggested to give the meds. to someone you can trust and they give you a certain amount each day but damnit! they're my pills!! And if you want to get high and you say hand them over, they gotta hand them over. I know a few people that has worked for but it's a long hard road for both.And c/t isn't just hell it's extremely dangerous!!! There are too many serious riskd to your body going c/t. Even just quitting caffeine or nicotine c/t increases the blood flow to ur brain 30% within the first few weeks putting you at risk for a stroke. It sounds like you have really tried other options and you are making the right decision! xoxo D.
Helpful - 0
Dutchess: What serious risks are involved in c/t with opiates? I wasn't aware there were any. I did hear it's dangerous to c/t off xanax, I think, and of course alcohol, but I'd always heard that w/d-ing off opiates is not dangerous, just extremely uncomfortable. Please share what you know....

Fish,
Glad you are sharing this a.m. Tapering was a joke for me as well. If I had some kind of "control" when it came to these pills, I wouldn't be at this site.

What I ended up doing (not by choice, it just played out this way) was tapering for 5 days , the best I could, then ended up shoveling the remainder of my pills in my mouth for 2 more days until I was completely out, then was forced into c/t. I think the tapering did help b/c the w/d wasn't near as hellish as other times. Obviously if you have a neverending source of meds this isn't going to work. But if you only have so many pills, you might just try it--go into it with the intention of tapering all the way down to your last pill, and really do your best. Just an idea--don't know if one can realistically duplicate my experience cuz it just happened that way w/out my planning.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

--Athena
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
Typically death only occurs in unhealthy people experiecig opiate withdrawal.Clinically we say that "opiate withdrawal is subjectively severe but objectively mild" Fatalities in healthy people are rare. However, c/t can cause permanent damage to your cardiopulmonary system (lugs and heart) and your central nervous system (spinal cord and brain). When you continue to give your body opiates it causes your brain to produce edorphins and endokynes, so your body stops producing it's own and those erve cells degeerate. If the body is not gradually given enough time to begin producing endorphins on its own permanent damage can occur in those nerve cells. Opiates supress the respiratory system(making them great for cough) and paralyze the intestines (making them great for diarrhea and surgeries) this is why c/t can cause permanent damage to these parts of the body too.

And yes Xanax withdrawal is much more dangerous than opiate withdrawal. I've seen young, healthy people have seizures and even strokes withdrawing from xanax. Those are not very uncommon risks in xanax withdrawal. Alcohol is another incredibly dangerous withdrawal.Death is notso rare with untreated alcohol withdrawal. I hope that was informative for you! xoxo D.
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
Typically death only occurs in unhealthy people experiecig opiate withdrawal.Clinically we say that "opiate withdrawal is subjectively severe but objectively mild" Fatalities in healthy people are rare. However, c/t can cause permanent damage to your cardiopulmonary system (lugs and heart) and your central nervous system (spinal cord and brain). When you continue to give your body opiates it causes your brain to produce edorphins and endokynes, so your body stops producing it's own and those erve cells degeerate. If the body is not gradually given enough time to begin producing endorphins on its own permanent damage can occur in those nerve cells. Opiates supress the respiratory system(making them great for cough) and paralyze the intestines (making them great for diarrhea and surgeries) this is why c/t can cause permanent damage to these parts of the body too.

And yes Xanax withdrawal is much more dangerous than opiate withdrawal. I've seen young, healthy people have seizures and even strokes withdrawing from xanax. Those are not very uncommon risks in xanax withdrawal. Alcohol is another incredibly dangerous withdrawal.Death is notso rare with untreated alcohol withdrawal. I hope that was informative for you! xoxo D.
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825

Helpful - 0
Thank you--very informative.

Now you got me wondering....After SO MANY w/d's off opiates, (I've been a chronic relapser for 10 years)what exactly HAVE I damaged? Would I know if my brain is damaged? Is this why I have depression? An what about my heart and lugs? How would I know If I damaged them?  Yikes....Scary stuff...

--Athena
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Some great comments here thanx sooooooooo much! Have never heard about the permenant damge!!!!!!!!!  WOW!  That is a motivator!  I have to go to court today about a DUI and am scared Which has kept me in the "cups"  It is so nice to see this site coming back to the way it should be!
Love
me
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.