Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Still doing ok

Made it another night w/o hydrocodone, but have pain.  Mis-Take if you are reading this ty for your encouragement to continue receiving meds for pain.  I already called my onco office and talked to them about changing my meds.  I don't want the higher amount of hydrocodone and I don't want xanax.  They suggested I take benadryl for the itching, and take the higher amount of the hydrocodone.  I thought duh -- why didn't I think of that? Let me see now take 10 mg of hydrocodone, xanax, ambien and add to that benadryl? And, if I get a migraine in the middle of that I can take a midrin, more sedation and acetaminophen...I was reading an Ambien disclaimer in a magazine I got the other day and it has a Withdrawal disclaimer.  Can cause seizures upon withdrawal.

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
hey there... I don't really know your story I haven't been around much in the past few days.. but hang in there.. and I agree with Mistake if you need them for pain take them.. pain is a horrible thing.  not everyone here is trying to stop taking meds for good some are trying to get back to when the meds worked for pain.. and get back to taking them at the right time. we are here to help with whatever you need just keep posting..
Helpful - 0
Hey you may be new here, but you were a great inspiration to me.  Here you are in the beginnings of you own journey and you took time to write to me on a bad day.  You are going to be an asset to us all here.  
Love you from here,
M
Helpful - 0
Coping skils are something I must have inherited b/c life has not been that great, but I still see the silver lining.  Empathy is something we ought to be generous enough to share.  We all hurt at times.  It's human to need -- it's human to give -- it's friendship when a group with similar human needs gives to one another.

Write me anytime. I am stuggling today -- actually cried.  I am angry b/c while I was being examined three days ago at the ortho clinic, the dr. smashed into my calf leaving a bruise and bleeding down my calf.  Now, on top of my femur pain which is increasing as the hydrocodone is wearing off, I have a cramp in my left calf.  I have taken ibuprofen am on xanax and put ice on the bruise.  Sons of &&&&&&. I hate doctors. Hate them with a passion today I truly do.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.