Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

opiate withdraw

i have been doing heroin off and on for the past seven years. This past time I was up to a $120-200 a day habit. I tired getting on suboxone. I lost my insurance, then a few days later after using again I got on Methadone. i had been on that for a week, and it was making me very angry. I stoped taking that Wednesday ang thursday I took a $20 bag of dope. How long can I expect to be sick for if  itry kciking this cold turkey again. I have no idea how much methadone they had me on they would not tell me.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
4341997 tn?1514588688
at the top of this page you don't see a "post a question"  orange tab?  if not maybe if you could get to a comp you will see it...since this is really old page, people won't see it....good luck and try to post a new question.
Helpful - 0
Im on a phone dont have that option. Any other way to post a question Im new to this.
Helpful - 0
4622451 tn?1360595255
Hey just FYI this is a way old thread. Go to the top of the page where it says "post question". You should get a pretty quick response. Lots of support here. I don't know much about subs....hillbilly heroin was my thing. Post and stick around.

Peace
Helpful - 0
4888612 tn?1363754833
I've been addicted to morphine/oxy for abt ten yrs. I was on suboxone for a year when my entire scrip was stolen. I had no way to get any more and had to quit the suboxone cold turkey. The withdrawals were exponentially worse from the suboxone than any withdrawals I've ever had from opiates. If u can handle the withdrawals from opiates then stay away from suboxone. The wds are measurably worse. GL
Helpful - 0
Btw I do not reccomend Suboxones or methadone to anyone ever. To come off opiates. The withdrawals are much worse!!! Dont do it!!!
Helpful - 0
Hi I am new here so bare with me please. I was addicted to opites for abt a year things got bad after I lost my job of 7 years back in June. Turned to heroin pretty quickly. Went to a 3 day detox came back relapsed after 2 weeks. Then decided to go to a local clinic started on methadone for 3 months Then my choice made the switch to suboxone for one week. Went off 8 mgs subs after a week on day seven of withdrawal and still pretty mentally misrable depressed fatigued. How long will this last. I need my life back and a job.
Helpful - 0
If the last time you used was thurs. then hang in there,by mon. the intense sickness will be about over. Of course there will be weeks + of getting your body back on track and your head clear. Get sleep whenever you can, it seems like that takes the longest (normal sleep). Take vitamins,drink alot of liquids. The wds are about the same as pain pills so keep reading posts regardless of the drug posted. Determination and a positive attitude are important,,,,,,,,,,,,,everybody does it, so can you,,,,,,gl
Helpful - 0
Hello, and welcome to the site.

Seems to me that right now most members here are strictly pharmacuetical junkies, or Drugstore Cowboys I like to call them. Next, but with a strong showing, are the Trash Can Addicts (like myself) who would've taken anything (whatdya got?!)...In my case that included heroin, alcohol, stimulants, ANYTHING. I never got a hold of enough H, though,  to result in w/d after stopping--so unfortunately I do not have an answer to your question.

There are however, a few ex-heroin addicts that post here; it just might take them awhile to see your post. Keep checking, though, and if you don't get an answer within a half day, post your question again so it appears at the top of the forum. Eventually these folks will see it, and hopefully you'll get some answers.

In the meantime, read other posts here--we may not have taken the same drugs, but our common plight of recovery results in the same experience, feelings, struggles, etc.

Best of Luck to You,

--Athena
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.