Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

"Dopey" question

I understand that (simplified) when you go cold turkey off codeine there is a big drop in dorphamine (sp?).  Is this what causes the anxiety? Is there a natural over the counter "bridge" while the body is learning to produce on its own? Is there something over the counter that can help with the anx?  (I'm coming off 2-4 hydrocodeine 7.5 per day for over two years.)  Thanks guys, this forum has literally been a God send.  And I am not being sappy when I say that you are all heros.  I've lurked this forum for some time and the degree of courage, support, stick-to-it, get back up after you fall, would put battlefield soldiers to shame.  You give me something to live up to.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi....I don't know a homeopathic remedy for anxiety....someone just posted this I think to rooftrash.  SSRI's don't agree with everyone! I myself am on Effexor and I truly believe it has helped me.  Xanax is good in the initial period of w/d but is also addictive (I didn't like it personally but I know it has helped some people.) I hope this helps and no question is a "dopey" question!!!
Peace,
Marcie:)
Helpful - 0
Sorry, I just noted the "over-the-counter".  Obviously xanax and SSRI's are not...SORRY...."Dopey" answer!!!!!!!!LOL
Helpful - 0
Such a sweet post, makes me happy.
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
Take a look at the book "End Your Addiction Now, by Charles Gant.  He has exactly what you're looking for.  It's not quite as easy as "take this OTC supp for anxiety."  Rather, you'd need to take 1 of 4 or 5 groups of supps (mainly the amino acids differ) DEPENDING on how you answer a few short tests in that book.

The place where I spent 4 months in rehab was very big on amino acid therapy and Gant is their off-site consultant for that.  It make a WORLD of difference not only in getting off, but in STAYING off (I got off lots of times, but could never quite make it to 60 days without relapse - until now).

Just Google <"amino acid" addiction recovery>

Good Luck
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.