Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Good evening folks.. How was you day??

I was busy today and came home and took my cat nap...
For those of you following my taper I am feeling ok thus far I usually don't feel a difference til the day after dropping. So tommorrow I will have some discomfort usually just anxiety and RLS. I did have to come home and take a Flexiril to calm my sciatica down after working..
Hope all my friends had a great Saturday and all the new folks here are getting through there day with strength..
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi it gives me great hope that you are managing to do so well when as far as I can gather you initially took the medication for 'real' pain.  Well done!  I wish my friend had your strength because he doesn't even have physical pain he just started taking the pills to get wasted.  My Mum has two broken vertabrae and she went to my doctor cause she hated taking the pain killers and the acupuncture worked a treat....wholistic medicines can really work.  Have you ever through of trying?
Helpful - 0
Hey thanks very much for answering my question.  I realise we are sort of on the other end of this with you being kinda in the same boat as my friend and me standing on the outside desparately trying to grasp why and how can I help.  I don't want this to sound like it's about me cause it isn't but sometimes I just cry and feel so lost and empty cause I know at the end of the day he has to help himself and there's really nothing but encourage him that I can do.  This is the guy that I was considering marrying, but now I don't know.  You keep up the good work of kicking that ****, cause life is beautiful without it.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I have tried it and while I was able to go it helped.. I have a metal sensitivity and the needles were surgical steel and they still make me red hot itchy and left wholes in my skin.. right now I am trying some at home traction from the chiropractor. hope it helps.. so sorry about your friend he is lucky to have you..
Helpful - 0
Hope the new treatment works for you.  I know it is such a painful thing to have, what a bummer that you have metal allergy still finger crossed chiro will help ease the pain for you.  He's not talking to me at the moment cause I questioned him about the pills - he blew up at me and now he's off sulking saying it's my fault cause I don't trust him.  I want to believe him but heck why empty boxes and receipts for the stuff?  Anyway I hope he keeps getting help; I feel so betrayed that he's lying to me when he knows I've supported him in the past.  Can't help him if he doesn't open up to me...you know?
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
You are doing your best to help him... just keep your eyes open.. we will lie, cheat and steal.. either he wants help or the doesn't please don't take this personal. It will eat you up.. be strong be tough... for you..
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your help it is making a big difference cause I do not discuss his situation with anyone we know.  I try to help him hide it cause I don't want people judging him; so talking to you has been like a massive load off.  Thanks and I'm not overly religious but you'll be in my prayers to make it cause I know in my heart you will!  You have a lot to offer.  Don't know what you do but ever thought of continuing your journey by becoming a counsellor?  After all who better to help people than someone who has been through it?
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
years ago before the pills... I was.. I am also a recovering heroin addict that before the pills would have 8 years. the pill problem started 2 years ago after surgery... i hope then i was able to help people. Now I have to focus on myself a bit... thanks you for your kind words.. and I wish the best for you and your friend..

Luv,
Stephanie
Helpful - 0
I am off for a while it is noon here and my daughter and her friend are going ten pin bowling so got to take them soon.  You keep well.  One thing I do know about people who have addictive natures is they are mostly very kind, soft people.  One of my dearest friends was an alcoholic and addicted to valium. Val was such a lovely person just unable to cope with life.  She passed away at only 52 - so please keep strong and yes focus on you.  Thanks for your words they really have helped.  My man has had a pot addiction since he was 15, then tried speed, E, magic mushrooms, H, and various other things.  I know part of it is a problem from his childhood, but he won't address the issues - hope he does one day.  Just remember how many people you touch through life it will help keep you strong.  A bit like that old movie What a Wonderful Life...you know the one?
Take care and keep smiling.
Luv Lynne
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.