Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

So quiet here tonight... I can hear a pin drop

I am trying to avoid finishing my wedding vows.. I am on the last line.. And i am stuck... my hubby the super smart know it all wants to say " this ring is a tangible manifestation of the vows we've spoken today"  I HATE IT!!!!!  Its not something I would ever say in a million years.. I want it to sound like me.. so I am desparatly trying to find a simple phrase that means the same thing.. its not easy.. Any suggestions out there???
I was really hoping the forum was hopping so I could focus on something else... but I guess not..
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
192332 tn?1189755828
Manifestation?Noooooooooooooooooo!LOL I'm happy for you.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
yeah i know... he is a smarty pants.. I am not saying that...
Helpful - 0
Still here as daughter going in about 5 mins.  Change of plans not unusual for a teenager!!
How about something like a "solid sign" instead of tangible manifestation or "concrete expression"?
Anyhow just to give you something to go on swap around the following and see if you come up with something you are comfortable with:
instead of tangible you could use:
actual, corporeal, definite, discernible, evident, material, physical, real, positive, substantial, touchable and of course solid and concrete.
instead of manifestation you could use:
demonstration, display, exhibition, expression, indication, mark, materialization, show, token
Anyway hope these might help you.  I like the simple ones like real expression.  Good luck and look forward to hearing how your big day goes.
Love Lynne  
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Thanks thats a good jumping off point for me for tonight... i needed some help getting the creative juices flowing... I want it to sound real.. and I just would never ever use those words he chose.. like I said he is a smarty pants know it all..but i love him
Helpful - 0
It's hard cause I've only just got to chatting with you but lastly I would say how about something like:
This ring is a true display of the love, respect and commitment we have for each other and seals the vows we have made today for all eternity.
My thing I don't like is the "til death do us part" - my Dad's been dead for 16 years almost and as far as my Mum's concerned she's still married to him - they're soul mates and I have no doubt will be re-united one day.
Best be off and actually get some housework done.  See you later.  Just say it from your heart.  Rather than thinking of words think of the feelings you have for each other and jot them down - I think it will help.
Love Lynne
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
thanks  sooooo much it was like you were sent to me tonight... I appreciate your thoughts so much...  we left all that love honor obey stuff out completely and the til death stuff... if  you are interested in hearing the rest send me an email with your email address and i will send them too you.. I dont wanna waste space on the forum... my address is ***@**** i know we are in differnet time zones so we may miss each other.. but thanks so much again... like I said you were here for a reason tonight.. er.. this morning for you..LOL
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.