Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Bad News....Major Relapse

Hi everyone!  It's been a few days since I've posted.  Thanks for all your responses.  It's been a tough few days.  I finally couldn't take the wd and I once again summoned satan.  The bad thing is I know I'll have to start over.  I had gone 2 days, and that was a big step for me.  Anyway...I was thinking,
When I was little, like every child, I was afraid of monsters.  "Monsters aren't real," my dad said.  But, they are real.  They come in brown bottles with a child proof top.  They come to you in the morning, evening, at night, in the middle of dinner, church, work...  They are real and scary!  When do they go away?  Will they ever go away?  How do I kill this monster?

Good night all...tomorrow is another day.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
Major Relapse sounds like a dud if you're here witing in this forum!  A dud meaning you didn't have to go to jail or you're still alive and writing here and that's GREAT~~~~~~~~ THINK!!  I so appreciated you post because by all accounts except for me and God, I'm sober, (which is not the case at all).  I seem to be biding my time here and looking for a miracle!  I have a nice tract home with a wife and 7 children and am still "hovering."  Satan will accuse use into thinking there is no Love left.... Hey, We've barely just begone eternity!!  What are we waiting for/??  I haven't gotten that far yet but I am sure that we will be both OK!  No Kidding!  No BS!  What doesnt kill us only makes us stronger....Do I believe that,Of course I do cause we are still both here jotting things down trying to help each other~~~~~~~~~~Why would we do that execpt for the fact that we are here???  As for me, I got just barely by over the weeked only to have half the "Normal" rate for me.  Amithinkingbouttomorro?  Heck yea;;;; gottal go to worke though.... I will stay here and learn and listen to all.... and thanx to you all!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
thanks for the comment.  you're right.  I'm still here fighting the monster.  Let me ask you a question?  How do you get through work?  What scares me the most is that I can't miss work.  How do I go to work and teach these kids while I'm going through withdrawals?  I teach fifth grade.  I became addicted after having several kidney stones.  I didnt mean to love it so much...it just happened.  I pray for the strength to beat this.      
Helpful - 0
Hi guys - I just want to wish you all the best because I believe you can do it - you can fight your monsters and drive them away forever, even if it takes several attempts it WILL happen.  I am here cause my man is addicted and I wanted to hear from people with the same problems so I can see how I can best help.  First things first as I said to drew and Steph you have admitted to yourselves you have a problem so that's the first huge step - now guys go get help.  I guess imagine if one of your kids was addicted to something that you knew was hurting them or even killing them you'd feel like S*** I care for you, give you good food, keep you safe and hell you're killing yourself - you'd be devastated - well the news is that the people that love you both would feel the same way.  You both have too much to offer and live for.  You both sound like intelligent people and good ones at that.  Please please please talk to your doctors and be honest with them.  Get help cause it's not something you need to do alone.  God Bless
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Wow, great stuff here at this forum and thanks!!!  This is good.  How do I get to work??  At the moment I just took some time off to try to beat this... take care.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.