Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 4 c/t after taper - any words of wisdom???

thanks to you folks in this forum - i have been visiting it daily for the past several weeks - rec'd some helpful info but on day 4 c/t i am feeling lost - can't sleep - haven't been dreaming at all. has anyone noticed without codeine - no dreams??? or maybe it's just me >;o(
i was told by my doctor to quit the pills before he would treat my pain. he want't to help me quit, but i chose to do it myself(no insurance) - i see him tomorrow, he may drug test me. i am afraid that due to my many years of abuse - 4 days clean will not be enough for me to pass the drug test

any advise, words of wisdom would be appreciated = THANKS
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thanks for the info on requip, but my doctor will not treat me for pain until i kick the drugs - he wanted to help with an rx withdrawal but that would have cost me more $$$ (i have no insurance) so he will certainly not write me an rx for requip - i did try those hyland restful legs (otc) and they kinda took a little of the edge off the rls - but i see the doc tomorrow anyway, so i will see how he thinks i am doing - thanks roadie
Helpful - 0
with the taper - taking fewer pills each day - the wts were more manageable - i did try c/t outright - but i coudn't handle the RLS - my legs AND arms felt like they were on fire - so with the taper, not as severe - but even then - after 4 days c/t - i still feel the rls - it is not a fun time- ha ha
Helpful - 0
Keep going. Avoid the drug test it will only cost you more money and I don't see the point. If you have a strong friend or family member that can help you taper off any medication that might help.  They would take possess of the meds and only give them to you as prescribed.  It would have to be a strong person that didn't care what you said or did they wouldn't give in. My mom has just been able to admit that she is addicted to oxycontin and will give me her pills help weane her off.  Don't give in.  I feel that after 3 years of being without a mom she will finally be back.
Helpful - 0
i also suffer with severe RLS ..I am about to go ct soon and i was given REQIUP for RLS..I know someone who said it helped her with 90% of her RLS while detoxing so hopefully this can help you
Helpful - 0
Congratulations on Day 4.  I am so jealous!  I am new here so I really can't tell you anything but you should be proud of yourself.  I went ct four days ago and relapsed yesterday.  How did you taper?  Were your w/ds bad?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.