Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
190466 tn?1215884854

To all HELP

i am at my mothers house because my wife threw me out.  i have two choices, go to  rehab and detox off the hydro/soma or meet my friend/supplier and get some money loaned to stay in a hotel and detox myself.  My family has explained that they will no longer support me in my addiction so I have to leave my moms soon.  I just took a handfull of soma/hydro but i think i can still detox on my own.

Please help, Clay TX

9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
192332 tn?1189755828
You ok brother?My daughter turned herself into rehab 2 days ago.Got her on suboxone.She will be there 21 days.Let us know how you are.God Bless
                  Bruce
Helpful - 0
hey clay,
i'm so sorry to hear about you situation, but you know they're only doing whats best for you, right???

You did this before on your own, and you did one hell of good job too, i think what you need to do is take a good, long, hard look at where you went wrong after you got clean last time. find out what your "tiggers" are. we ALL have them sweetheart!!! once you realize the "why" you relapse your 1 step closer to getting clean and staying clean. i dont know what your finanacial situation is, but is you can afford detox, then i would "do it", they give you alot of counseling and help you deal with your "demons" and if you choose to detox on your own, i have 100% faith that you CAN DO IT, but i would still recommend going to counseling somewhere. think of how much you have to lose to find the strengh to get through this, then think about how much you lost to learn how NOT to relapse. we have all been where you are and no matter what road you take, know that WE ARE ALL behind YOU....

my heart goes out to you and your family....

and remembe Hun, you have to take "BABY STEPS" and you will make it!!!!!!

luv ya sweety,
tink :)
Helpful - 0
Good luck...only u know whether u have the control or not and if it doesn't work after a couple of days u can always go to detox.  I am sorry b/c I know it makes you feel even worse when u feel like u have reached the end of the rope with family and friends but just tie a knot and keep hanging on.  I'll be praying.

dee
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
My heart goes out to you. Right now you're probably feeling like you're flying w/o a net. Sometimes it's even hard to stop using when you're stressed to the max and don't know what to do.

It sounds like they did an intervention, like on the TV show by the same name. At this point don't think you're wife and family don't love you. They're trying to help you in their own way. However, they don't know what it feels like to be in your shoes. Do you feel abandoned?? I know I would.

I went to rehab for my arm only for inpatient PT and came out addicted to fentanyl. You have to be very careful where you go. The wrong place will only make you want to leave, which legally, you can leave.

If you can be somewhere (not talking detox or rehab now) where you have access to a computer, I would gladly stay online and help you around the clock and I'm sure there are some people here that would also help. I feel so terrible about this because most of my family doesn't accept my addiction and won't take the time to learn about it. I know how it feels to have no support. I never got high or abused my patches. I hate them, but just the same I am addicted to them. An addict is an addict.  Gosh, please keep posting. I'm very worried about you. I do know you're strong enough to survive this though.

Please Take Care...((hugs)).....LS
Helpful - 0
I am still a baby in recovery but LadySundown is right maybe we here could all take turns being sure someone is on to positively help u.
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
hey clay...sorry things are bad right now.   i have to agree with tink...if you can go to detox...go.  

one of the things that my son davis had to do is make a list of his triggers...writing them down somehow made him "see" what they were and it was easier to stay away from them.

what your family is doing is what i've had to do a couple of times.   i put two of my boys out in the street...had to do it.   i know that it probably seems like they don't care but it is truly just the opposite.   and you've also got to consider what your addiction is doing to them.

if you want your life back...if you want to gain control over this addiction...then you do whatever it takes to do that....stop hiding behind those little pills clay.  don't take the easy way out.   be strong and be proactive in your recovery.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
Circle a date on your calendar when youll be able to thank your family,,,,,,,clean,gl
Helpful - 0
I will also help you as much as possible.  Let us know and don't be afraid to lean on us.  You are not alone!  I will be thinking about you and I really truly feel for you.
Helpful - 0
You sound like your getting deeper and deeper and addiction has now put a wedge between you and your family.........
Have you looked in the mirror lately?
Quit lying to the reflextion in the mirror and stop.................
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.