Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I MADE IT

spn
I was taking 10 to 15 10/350 watsons hydro aday for 6 months I stop taking them 3 days ago I am feeling much better today, there is light at the end of the tunnel it was hard but I stayed focus and did the thomas recipe I hope I dont fall into that path again. I had a triple bypass 6 months ago 38 yrs old and coudnt stop was ordering online, I have kids and wife and a wonderful life that the pills where SUCKING out of me everyday  l hope that anyone who is trying to quit JUST DO IT 3 days and it gets better it was hard and long 3 days LOL but hang in there and dont have any laying around  GOOD LUCK and THANKS
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm walking your shoes buddy.  We gotta be tough.  Im 40, got a wonderful wife, my daughter is almost 3, and I was screwing up.  Twice as many pills for 3 1/2 years, bought almost all online.  i tapered very quickly - only had 1 or 1 1/2 each of the last 5 days.  Today is my first day "free". I'm down and I'm sweaty, but oh well.

I know alot of people here think we might have made it, But I Know I've made it.

Hang tough,

Kidd
Helpful - 0
What a wonderfully encouraging post and great that you are feeling better so soon. Keep up the good work and have a great day.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
142722 tn?1281533616
Well, I am much happier now that I have been free from drugs for about 8 1/2 months.  I just left my BF who was using and I'm almost 31w pergnant with his baby.  I'm at my mom's house and my family has helped me so much through my problems.  I got to do what I have to do.  I have my 11 year old daughter here with me also.  Space is a little tight but we will be ok and I got a very good out look in life.  My two year degree is coming in the mail soon and I am planning to get a B.S in Social work.  Sometimes it takes the downs in life to get you moving.  I know it is hard because you love him.  You'll be ok.  I chose to walk away from my boyfriend because I didn't want to be are his drugs and I didn't want my baby to be around it either.  He was the last one left that I knew who did it.  His habit was becoming almost an everyday thing.  Funny because this man goes to work every day but he spends average about 250 a week on his habit.  He sold his house last Oct too so he has the money but get this 88000 has gone down to 35000.  That a big drop in a little bit of time and about $12000 is in drugs I am sure of it.  I wish you all the luck in the world with your man.
Helpful - 0
142722 tn?1281533616
Your right, the reason why they are your friends is because it gives them a chance to use and use you.  They are not your friends.  I hope your husband learns that there is more in life then drugs
Helpful - 0
Thanks Kris he's not my husband but I was considering marrying him, been together 3 1/2 years.  It's hard cause I love him but he can't hold down a job, spends heaps on drugs, the alcohol I'm talking 4-6 litres a day!!  Yep he gets violent and it's always my fault so as much as I want to help I can no longer have my kids witness the kind of life style (they don't know about the drugs, just the booze cause he can't hide that).  I'm here for him and hope he gets through it all but I do feel very drained especially with the lies he tells.  So how are you going?  Glad you obviously had the sense to see who friends are and who users are.......it makes me shudder to think that the so called friends will lie, cheat and even fight over the last pill, mushroom, or piece of weed - glad you saw through all that BS!  
Helpful - 0
Well done guys!  I hope my man finds the strength you have.  Trouble is everytime he gets forward his so called friends drag him right back in!  Glad you had the sense to change your circle cause friends that encourage you to take aren't friends, just addicts that want someone to be dependant like them.  My guy did drop one so called friend years ago - I said how is he your friend?  What do you even have in common apart from drugs?   Wish he could do the same with the rest of them.  Keep it up cause you are worth it and so are your families and your real friends.  God Bless.
Helpful - 0
You are lucky so far it sounds like your in stage one w/d's.

I remember those days in the 80's for me.....

Remember stopping to use is only half the battle, now lets see if you
can stay away from them or let your brain tell you that when the poor you kicks in if you use you will feel better.........

I hope you can find some support and stop for good, you say you feel good after three days,,,,just think how good you will feel after three months, three years...............................
Helpful - 0
Wow you have done so well; you really are steaming ahead with life.  Congrats on your degree, being drug free, your coming baby and raising your 11 year old in a good family environment.  You will go far.  Well done and I wish you all the very best for a love and fun filled, happy, healthy, successful future.
Helpful - 0
142722 tn?1281533616
When I was doing my drug of choice, I would take one day at a time like you.  I would wake in the morning and not think about the next day but just the day I was in.  Making it through just one day - it turned into two, then three, and now months later I am free from it.  I am so glad I stopped - things are much better with family and money wise I am way better off.  Take it like you are one day at a time.  Even if you mess up once, it is ok - as long as in the long haul you are done.  For me I had to change my group of friends and everything.  Good luck and I'm glad you have been free for three days that is great.
Helpful - 0
Now thats an encouraging post,,TY and congrats
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.