Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
192332 tn?1189755828

Construction?

Hi peeps!I hope everyone is ok.Has anyone heard from construction?I know he has it rough right now.If anyone talks to him via e-mail or whatever let us know how he is ok?I can be reached at im or e-mail@ ***@**** Thanx Bruce
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177003 tn?1266270355
I hope someone hears from construction, but his last post said his wife had thrown him out and none of his family wanted anything to do with him unless he went to detox. He was at his mother's but said he had to leave there soon.

I figure he's either in detox or out somewhere alone. I hope that's not the case. He's such a nice guy.

Take Care...LS
Helpful - 0
Awww shucks!  didnt think anyone noticed whether i was here or not. i figured you did bc there aren't alot of patch ppl here and i guess we do stick out to each other. yes i have read some really hard stories for some of thes folks on here that are having such a hard time with the withdrawals and cravings and stuff. i was put on the patches for chronic pain in my knee a yr after sugery (doc skept telling me there was no way i could still hurt like i was) he thought i was faking it i guess. anyway he went back in and did an orthoscopic thru the knee joint and lo and behold found out the meniscus was torn in several places and wrinkled up under there when it is supposed to be straight. i wanted to punch him in the face...lol. i knew i wasn't crazy! lol....telling me i didn't have a reason to hurt.....**mumble, mumble.**   and all of this trauma hsa been done all to my right leg.  partial hip prosthesis...4 surgeries.  tibia plateau fracture(bunch of little pcs) ......2 surgeries, and then the bad one..both ankle bones rt abopve the joint....4surgeries. damn it was no fun. bedridden for over a yr and couildnt get off the couch except to the bathroom and to bed. and then i was stuck here couldn't drive for almost a yr and a half. it sucked, but i am on the mend now. it will neve rbe the same, i will always have some pain, i'll just have to learn other ways to deal with it i think.  but take it as it comes, i guess.
  ps i read everyday without fail.....i just dont post often is all.  i feel like i know everyone here...all their stories anyway. .........................................take care , be strong.......cin                                                                                  
Helpful - 0
hey hun, how are you doing with the fentanyl dosage drop? feeling any better finally? i sure hope so. i have been reading on here since yuo came on..i just dont post much. i am still on the 75mcg, (take them for chronic pain) after a partial hip replacement as a teen, then broke my knee in 2002 and had surgeries with plates and pins..(still not right..dont think it ever will be) , and finally in 2004, while still on crutches for the knee pain i totalled my 99 talon and broke both bones in my ankle (compound fracture to one of them) and have had 3 surgeries for that. and a long recuperation due to a msra (mrsa) infection that took a yr to heal. (was open to the bone, and we didnt know it) so anyway..i am om paon meds legit...but dont want to be on them forever. so i recently cut from 100 mcg to 75 mcg...and next month i will go down again to a 50mcg. i havent had any problems with withdrawals from the last step down and i hope i dont have any this next time...i pray not. i have never abused my meds, but i understand you can still become dependant on them even if using properly. i just worry about that aspect of it i guess. anyway, dear, i hope you are doing ok and we will get off all this **** eventually. kep strong hun....cin
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
We have so much in common. I had a malignant tumor in my upper left arm. They sent me to I U hospital in Indy to a ortho surgeon/oncologist. He had to remove the whole large bone in my upper left arm. I was lucky because he got the cancer. It took four surgeries to do it though. He didn't put me on the fentanyl patches. I was on a morphine pump for the first two days and then on an oral painkiller. I went by ambulance to rehab here in my own town. It was there than the @#^%$# nurse practitioner put me on 100mcg's fentanyl pain patch. I was only supposed to be there for PT for three weeks. Just long enough to learn how to do things w/o the use of my left arm. The forearm and hand works, but three of the fingers and my palm are numb.
My family dr. has been wonderful. She hadn't seen me for four months and I showed up saying....."Help, I want off these patches." lol (I remember the look on her face and I have to smile a little.) She took a minute to think this mess over and said she would help me get off of them. It's taking a lot of time because she's going slow, but I'm wearing two 12mcg patches now.

OMG!! It just dawned on me that you already know all of that. I'm glad you're doing well on tapering. I didn't have much trouble during the taper either. I had some w/d but nothing like it would have been if I had just tried to stop suddenly on my own. Like you, I never got high on my meds and I never abused them. I don't have to worry about craving them, which is great because so many good people here have to fight that demon.

I was shocked when I read fentanyl is 80-100 times stronger than morphine. I was happy to see you post again. You have been missed. If you feel like writing sometime my email is ***@****.

Hugs....LS
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
High tink LOL.Thanx for the warning.I could never get high off darvs.just keep myself from getting sick between hookups with them.They made me pale as a ghost and sick to my stomach.but kept me out of full blown W/D's.I do know oxycontin is time release and everyone seems to think the skin is the time release around my town and that is not the case at all.oxycodone is a bigger rush because it isn't time release.Nity nite.God Bless.
                          Bruce
Helpful - 0
hey there...
i've been worried about him as well. if you do here from him, please let me know how he's doing. i'm off to bed soon, but will read ip on posts first thing in the AM.

P.S. read the post below...i answered the post about Darvocet, i'm not sure if it makes any difference to you, but i wanted you to know that darvocet is a low strength opiate and can be very addicting. i know you weren't the one asking, i just wanted you to know for future reference. It can through you right back into using....(they aren't  strong Tylenol) they can be quite the "little devils" too, LOL

you know i luv ya Bruce,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.